Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be visiting Virginia Beach from April 23 to April 27. My son is a "wild man" about fishing and will want to fish while we are there. I think a 6 pak charter is too expensive. Can you give me any recommendations for head boats (how much they cost, which ones are good, etc.) plus any information about where we might fish from shore and which bait stores would be helpful. Plus any other info that would help us. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I will tell you what I would do..take a head boat trip out of rudee inlet (virginia beach fishing center) on saturday they have a full day trip 8-5 for $45 per person. they take you about 30 miles out to fish wrecks in @ 120 ft of h20. Usually some quality seabass & triggerfish. occasional flounder, sharks etc. last time I went (october) we did great with lots of seabass to 4 lbs. From shore I would try around lesner bridge and chix beach, maybe one of the piers

·
Registered
73 Posts
Watch this web site. Real soon the Sanbridge Pier fishing should be picking up some. I don't know where you are driving from but we have been having some great fun on the Colonial Parkway. I agree with Rockhead about the head boat. I have heard alot of good stories.

Thank God I Fish

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Also I know alot of people like the SupersportII out of lynnhaven inlet for headboating,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts