Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever use a Vibe Skipjack or Yellow fin on the ocean? I use an Ocean Kayak Scrambler now but was looking at getting my son one and the Vibe looks like a good one for there but need some feedback before buying.
Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Tough crowd on here. I use an ocean kayak big game 2. But I only fish the bays. Sorry no help here but thought I would respond.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. Ended up getting the Sea Ghost. Didn’t try yet but think it will perform well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the Sea Ghost 130 last summer...
after 9 or so years on a 10ft Perception Pescador (kayak fishing).. heavily modified...

I fish the Chesapeake Bay exclusively... been out in lots of crazy conditions and nights.

I knew what I was looking for.
I found the Sea Ghost 130 very well designed for all the things "I" would have done to make a fishing kayak.

Of course I am always modifying...

Go through all the screws and make sure they are snug.. some are attached to molded-in brass inserts.
Those are the ones too hard to reach through the hatches....

Here's a link over at Snaggedline.com (kayak fishing forum) for the Chesapeake Bay area..
to this topic of the screws..
Look for my name over there (rob-kayak), or posts about "Vibe" for more mods on the Sea Ghost 130.
http://www.snaggedline.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Dry-Dock

This website is a great website.. you may also look at Snaggedline.com for a other Vibe kayak owners and kayak fishermen/women.
Best to contact me over at Snaggedline.com.. or post about this kayak as I don't visit here often.

Also... if you are going to get a kayak cart... I would strongly suggest NOT to get "through the scupper hole" type of cart.
While I have not heard of any problems... thru the scupper hole carts.. with this kayak... I have also not seen anybody using them.
These type of carts put too much stress on scupper holes, unless they are specifically designed for the kayak.. like the Hobie type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts