Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outer Banks Preservation Association
about an hour ago
Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, on December 23, 2012, directed the clerks office to transfer the:
CHAPA vs Kenneth Lee Salazar etal and Defenders of Wildlife, National Audubon Society and National Parks Conservation Association
Civil Action #12-219 (EGS)
to the Eastern District of North Carolina.

This means that Judge Boyle will preside over our lawsuit, and we all know his feelings on the matter. Our only hope now to ever see fishing as it used to be at Hatteras is the bill in congress. Please write or e-mail your senators.

·
Registered
790 Posts
We tryed to escape from Boyle's Courtroom, we got caught and handed back to him - we are gonna get BEAT !!! What a Shame - River

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jam, do you know whether or not we will have the option of appealing Boyles' negative decision?

·
Registered
387 Posts
:(
Not just fishermen affected, bad news for ALL HATTERAS Beach goers......
Not just bad news for ALL HATTERAS Beach goers...............................but ALL FISHERMEN..........EVERYWHERE........

The begining of the end of sportsfishing, actually it's more like the middle of the end of sportsfishing

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I've been back to this thread about 20 times since it was posted, hoping that I will come up with something, anything, to say.
And I honestly cannot come up with anything.
Nothing.
I wish that this news had come after the holiday weekend.
All I can think of right now is maybe it is time to open up the closet and start taking stock of my freshwater gear, but right now I don't even think I can muster the enthusiasm for that.
This just feels like a massive punch to the head, and I have no idea how to even respond.

·
Registered
601 Posts
'' Revolution '' ladies and gentleman, we need to clean the slate, never have I seen a more pathetic bunch of jackasses in all levels of our courts and government.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
'' Revolution '' ladies and gentleman, we need to clean the slate, never have I seen a more pathetic bunch of jackasses in all levels of our courts and government.
Its just WRONG on every level, and in the end we will all take it in the pants. I pretty much do not go to the beach in the Spring and summer Months, in part cause I am too busy runnin guides. TBH with ya the closures have forced me to change my game, and I did so back in 07... Prior to that if ya ever wanted to get up with me, it was a given I was at the Point, from 01-07, I venture to guess, i spent more time out there then anyone on the planet. Now if I go to the beach its more for socializing and not much for fishing as all of the fishing spots have been closed, Ramp 34 GONE, South Beach Gone, The POINT for Spring Drum Gone... If I were in the same position as I was back in 01, when i moved here, I would have to honestly say I would not. It has become more fun to me to F'Wit them, then to fish from the beach.. So I will continue to F'with them on a Daily basis and continue to slaughter Fish from the kayak.... I will make Lemonade out of Lemons, as I am here for the Duration... Again TBH with ya I enjoy Yak Fishin way more then Beach Fishin or even SportFishin... Nothin Like Puttin someone on their first KAYAK Fish...
Cheers
JAM

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Yep,
I gotcha...
I just spent that last several hours going through all of the freshwater rods and reels, seeing what it useful and what is too old.
Got a Cobia 13' that I outfitted for fishing the freshwater rivers and ponds up here in Va few years ago that is certainly do-able for some near-shore salt use, and after a couple of years of that not being in the water it is going to be put back into serious use this coming year...
(I had a serious scare on a float trip in Argentina several years ago where the crazy bastards almost killed a boat-load of us in water we should never have been in, and almost drowned; I was saying my "goodbyes" and could not believe I was going to die in the muddy Mendoza with a couple of drunken German tourists! That kind of scared me out of the Yak for a while...)
The Fly Rods are going to come out of the closet and get dusted off, and I'll teach these old fingers how to tie that itty bitty little line again, and in general get back to exploring all of the water that is closer to home.
All that said, we just re-upped on our two weeks in Hatteras for 2013, so it is not like I am going to completly give up on it. I will never stop coming to Hatteras. Never.
I will continue to send my $$$ to the people fighting for us down there, and continue to shout into the wind about the injustices that are being done to the fine people of Hatteras.
And I always have my beach cart to access the places I can't drag my gear out in my truck...
sigh...
Be Well,
Stay Strong.
Best to you and all of the rest of fine people of Hatteras for 2013,
Tom

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Tom
I would be happy to get you out on the backside of Hatteras for the specks, had a great season in 12, never got skunked, always came back with a stringer.. That Cobia 13 is a good Boat... Its a little drifty but I mainly fish under anchor.. do she have an anchor trolley on her??? Lets go fishing.... Bring your HH GPS as i have no problem with people marking spots....

JAM

·
Registered
568 Posts
The more negative things happen to hatteras fishing the more negative things will happen to hatteras economy. Spring and fall that place is run by fisherman. Might a republican gov help the situation any?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Tom
I would be happy to get you out on the backside of Hatteras for the specks, had a great season in 12, never got skunked, always came back with a stringer.. That Cobia 13 is a good Boat... Its a little drifty but I mainly fish under anchor.. do she have an anchor trolley on her??? Lets go fishing.... Bring your HH GPS as i have no problem with people marking spots....

JAM
Yeah Man, I'm in... All I have to do is find the time. But I will holler.
And yes, I did put an anchor trolley on it.
Appreciate the offer,
Thank You Jam!
Hope to see you soon,
Tom

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
The more negative things happen to hatteras fishing the more negative things will happen to hatteras economy. Spring and fall that place is run by fisherman. Might a republican gov help the situation any?
He MAY support us a little better,but in the long run this is federal and his hands are semi tied as well..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts