Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say that I am apalled at the fact the pier is closing. I have been to the pier one time. My son and I had a good time fishing at the pier. Enough to have planned another trip at night.

Now the day that we went, I do not know how the residents could hear fishermen on the pier over the drag racing, kids in the parking lot, motor scooters and the like. Maybe it is me, but I sense "Privatization of a Public Pier".

Now another question I have is PLO have 10 times as many fishermen as NBP and the bathrooms are no walk in the Hilton, but they are maintained. The pier has its share of rowdy patrons, but not enough to close the pier. Why is PLO so clean and NBP isn't? I know a lot of people are saying because it maintained by the Park Service. I have been on that pier for 2 going three days straight one time and have never seen them clean that bathroom. The one thing that keeps any fisherman or visitor in check is "THE POTENTIAL PRESENCE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT". It is like the saying goes,"While the cats away, the mice will play".

What I am getting at here is that TRUE fishermen are going to their holes with two main thoughts in mind, to catch fish and relax in their favorite past time. I can not see someone driving from DC, southern MD, eastern shore, Baltimore, or even VA just to go all the way to NBP to drink and cut up. NOW, I can see arguing with someone in my house or having a bad day on the job, walking from my door steps two or three blocks raising hell with a bunch of people gathered together doing the same thing. Keep in mind I did not mention walking down a pier and bothering fishermen who have got their eye on the tips of their poles enjoying pleasant conversation.

If that's the case, why don't they close all the liquor stores and bars in the town too.

Thanks guys and gals for letting me vent.

Young Buck

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I emailed Denise what ever and asked her that if they can enforce the fishermen why in hell can't they enforce the conduct of the upstanding :D :teenagers that they have hanging around the area and tearing the area up.
Guess what...no answer..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey JC,

been there done that. They don't want to hear the truth about whats going on in their town. I say that because there are a select few that think they own it and they have plans! Hope to see you soon John. Take care, Clyde

Boycott North Beach Maryland

1 - 4 of 4 Posts