Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to take a vacation the North Carolina with the family sometime in February. I have been looking at several websites as to location we might be interested in but cant confirm if there reliable or not. So im counting on you locals that have great knowledge about your state and some Vacation Destinations. Somewhere near the water so i can have the opportunity to fish the carolinas coast that everyone talks about. Very intrigued to see what it has to offer. As well as some family events. If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to start or look it would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to visiting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only plan to take one full day of fishing out of the week we will be there.. interested in maybe meeting up with some locals and gaining some knowledge and hospitality. Rest of the time we will be devoted to family fun and to experience a different state. I hear everyone talk about Hilton Head in South Carolina...

·
Registered
568 Posts
You would like to fish here and I wish I lived in Florida right now til about March! :) I read the reports on Pensacola fishing forum and get quite jealous! All we are catching here is skates and dogfish.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
There are trout & puppy drum if you want to use artificial and work at it. If your a bait fisherman then all you get is trash fish on the OBX

·
Registered
859 Posts
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I were in Florida and were heading to NC in Feb., I would come to the mountains for snow and some exciting moments of busting your rear end going down a steep incline totally out of control on narrow death sticks. I'm sure the wife would like to see Biltmore house and you could also enjoy the countless hours of looking at furntiure that is for sale around here.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I were in Florida and were heading to NC in Feb., I would come to the mountains for snow and some exciting moments of busting your rear end going down a steep incline totally out of control on narrow death sticks. I'm sure the wife would like to see Biltmore house and you could also enjoy the countless hours of looking at furntiure that is for sale around here.
There is also some good C&R trout fishing in the mountains in the winter.

ETF

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None taken the wrong way...i should have explained myself a little more. "Near water" meaning I would drive the distance to water if need be to meet up with some locals that can show me the waters. Our main reason for the vacation is to see snow...as neither me or the wife have ever seen snow. I just havent told her about my fishing adventure yet. Wonder how well that will go...:rolleyes: By the way i apppreciate all the info yall have given me so far...

·
Registered
496 Posts
GOOGLE- Ski resorts in North Carolina, not suggesting that you stay at one of them, pick a town close to one of them and research that town, repeat as needed

I love the North Carolina coast, but the February fishing sucks

·
Registered
771 Posts
there's some really good brown trout fishing in some of the bigger streams and rivers in western north carolina.Try using stick baits that are painted like little trout.Cold water means fishing a little deeper and slower but I've seen some trout over ten pounds taken in the winter.Just made sure you get a permit from the reservation if you think you might wonder on some of their property.Some good water flows thru there.good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts