Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just vacationed in panama city (live in virginia) went trolling 1/2 day trip out of st andrews. got 3 nice kings

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Come on down anytime

Glad you had a productive visit rockhead. Who had the boat ?
Private charter ? Any Plugs you wanna throw in here. What size were the kings ? Just interested.:D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea we chartered the "Born to Boogie" ... Very professional, put us on the fish next year were going bottom fishin. We checked out a pier there too all I got was a remora but there were some sharks
caught, Also (big mistake) went to pier early in the morning to see if anyone was catching, (without poles) saw a group of large sheephead picking off the pilings, by the time I got back w/gear they were gone.. had a great time in Fla.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Same Old , Same Old , always happens see fish no gear with ya go relieve yourself get a hit while your taking care of business.:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah down in FL them sheepies and black drum be all over the pilings. A few years ago I saw a black drum in the Indian river channels at Cocoa that had to be 20 to 30 lbs just ramming the pilings. He was shaking the dock and making a huge nose. It was early morning and for some reason I think it was some kind of mating thing. In that area the black drum average around 50 to 60 lbs so he was just a baby making all that ruckus. Crazy stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts