Pier and Surf Forum banner

Va Distance Record

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Led 
#1 ·
I WAS JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHO HOLDS THE RECORD CASTING DISTANCE FOR VIRGINIA. I'M ALMOST CERTIN THAT BILL KENNEDY WAS THE HOLDER AT 761 BUT WITH ALL THE NEW CASTERS AND THE PROGRESS SOME OF THE OTHERS HAVE MADE THIS MARK HAS PROBABLY BEEN BROKEN BY NOW. ANYONE HAVE ANY FEED BACK ON THIS???

#4 ·
thanks Andy. you put me on the ropes with that one. i don't know if anyone has a record. possibly joe moore. my answer may be assuming he meant a record for virginians. as for casters from other countries, i know that neil[blackbeard] has also done betterthan 800 here in the usa. now that i have tried to squirm out of that one, how are things with you. hope you can make it again this year. i couldn't be at the clinic last year because of surgery, but i am back to my old self. i did come to crisfield on sat. to see you boys and was amazed to see all the good casters.:cool: :cool:

#5 ·
Bill,

You must have overloked me or else your post would have been different - LOL

It's funny that there isn't a definitive list of records to be seen. :(

I know that the UKSF list a little difficult to read, but atleast they are available. ;) (I'm not knocking you Bob S.)

Perhaps you're right and Joe does have THE list.

Catch you all later - Led.

#6 ·
records

Mr. Miller,
You said the right word [AVAILABLE] I am getting a list together as we speak from those who know most of the records.
I can't post records that are word of mouth and change each time I hear them. Anyone that know the state records should get them to me. I have N.C. Va and Md. I have everything Joe Moore had so lets not get him excited. All distances from all Sportcast event will be recorded from 2003 on.
We will have a record page established before the end of this year on the Sportcast board that will be as acurate as possiable. If things need changing we will do so as new info comes in.

Thank you
Bob Sales
Dir. Sportcast USA

The Mr. Miller!!!!!! Just a joke.
ps
You guys want a new Va. record just keep watching Rolland Johnson.

#7 ·
i think my question was some what answered. i guess there isn't a list of records avainable as of yet.

bob i think it would be great if you could get a list of records together including the state the caster was from which would give that caster an individual state record to hang on to. not to mention the fact that we would all be better informed.

thanks all of you for the information.

#8 · (Edited)
My Honourable Mr Sales,

I do beleive that the 125gm records would be an easy one to start with. ;)

Being the 'head honcho' of a national organisation isn't easy, and I for one do not envy your position.

You are on a road to nowhere, each way you turn someone somewhere will try and kick you for something that you have little to no control over.

I take my hat off to you for doing a job that consumes a lot of time and energy for no reward apart for the satisfaction that you are trying your best for the pleasure fo others on Zero pay.

My suggestion is simple, the next person who takes a swipe or snipes at you, ask them one simple question -
Could they do bettter ? I think not.

So lets give Mafia Bob and round of applause. ;)

Your friend from accross the pond - Led.

#11 ·
mafia bob...&jimmy crack corn

bob, i for one often wondered why you did not get more praise. it now sounds like the tide has changed and mafia bob is finally getting his due. bravo.

jimmy, the last of the corn you brought to the last tournament finally made it to my dinner table. thanks buddy.

#13 ·
thanks

Thanks to everyone for the support. It is greatly appreciated
Andy
We all hope to see you on this side of the pond again soon.
For you to take time to give the help and support to so many on this and other boards shows exactly what a gentlemen and friend you are to each of us.
When we hear that your wife is well and healty again is the day we will all celibrate together. Thats what it's all about.
Bob S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.