Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its my first report, do alot of reading dont like to type when i should be fishin.
went to va beach yesterday about 6:00pm with my family , it was so nice woke up at 0600 and everything had gone to shit :mad: it was more like shit to the second power(x2)' anyway i went and waited at the gate til 0800 , fished til 11:00 , left with 12 whiting, 2 croakers threw back at least 20 toads, dude talk about some rough waters, at least 9fters rocked the pier non-stop had a funny feeling that the owners was waiting for me to blow off the pier, anyway get your bloodworms from 17th before you get there they didnt have any at the pier

peace, love, FISH FOREVER :cool:

·
Registered
500 Posts
If the toads you are talking about are blow toads/puffers, they are some good eatin'. Was there any size to them?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
what is meant by the term whiting, is it another name for roundhead/kingfish

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
thats what I figured, I know they call em whiting in florida, the true name is northern or southern kingfish. Or depending on where you are, roundhead, seamullet, whiting, etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shoeless; have you ever eaten puffers? ive heard the same about how good they tasted but they say you have to clean them different, sure would like to know for sure before i go back to VBP

·
Registered
290 Posts
"Chicken of the sea", thats what I hear anyway. All the talk from down south makes my mouth water!

There's a good clip of how to "Cleaning Mr Toad" at drumwagon. It's got to be the quickest fish to clean ever :eek:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ive never done it but i think you just make a cut under the skin and peel the skin off. the cut out two littl nuggets of meat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts