Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? is there anything left of the va beach oceanfront? any piers left. i was planning another trip in a few weeks.... guess not. i hope everyone is ok. i heard that the boardwalk is gone. can that be true. i know i was on duty in richmond last night and if we got half of what yall got you guys cought hell. i have never seen so many fires, fallen trees trees into houses and damage in my life. it looked like a war. once again i hope everyone is ok with minimal damages to property.
:( :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Richmond Medic said:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? is there anything left of the va beach oceanfront? any piers left. i was planning another trip in a few weeks.... guess not. i hope everyone is ok. i heard that the boardwalk is gone. can that be true. i know i was on duty in richmond last night and if we got half of what yall got you guys cought hell. i have never seen so many fires, fallen trees trees into houses and damage in my life. it looked like a war. once again i hope everyone is ok with minimal damages to property.
:( :D
The Boardwalk is fine. The beach appears not to have erroded, in fact it piled 3+ feet of sand on top of the beach. You used to be able to walk under the pier-Ocean Eddies...now the sand is almost up the the pier. Over all I'm suprised not more damage was done. There is little structural damage. Most damage appears to be signs blown down, windows broken as well as a lot of trees down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.