Pier and Surf Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
Just built a CTS SVU1305-2 for myself. Its very close to being as light as my old trusty Outcast 1625s are. If the CTS throws and fights fish as well as the old 1625s, it'll be a winner for me without question. Will be testing it out in 8 days!

· Registered
787 Posts
Hi Lucky. Looking at the CTS S7 13-06 and a CCP 8-12 (http://www.carolinacastpro.com/products/CPS13FT8-12OZC) I have thrown the CTS and it's very nice. I have not thrown the CCP and would simply have to buy it and try. The time to get the CCP is immediate and the CTS is like a month :( Drum are starting up now and my Tica 12 is holding me back. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I actually just picked up the 8-12 Carolina. Literally took it right off tommys hands haha thanks Tommy. Anyhow I was going back and forth on the 8-12 or the 6-10 and boy am I happy with the 8-12. I was a little intimidated by the high rating but it was a dream to cast. Easy to load and forgiving. I couldn't be happier with it to me it's an ultimate 8and bait.

· Registered
1 Posts
I think this thread needs a "Skunk Down" to determine which rod is best

If anyone wants to throw their WRI or Century or any other rod with conventional reel holding at least 220 yards of of 20 pound mono line and I mean any WRI rod against a lowly old and I mean old All Star 1508 with a competition butt .........rod for rod.........eight ounce pyramid sinker........loser gives up rod and reel to winner..........one cast.........any style cast Hatteras. Pendulum or Ground......back lashes count..............Winner decides what he wants to do with his new rod......... and whether to keep it or give it to some young promising Boy Scout or Pilgrim

Let me know

I am looking for a new Inferno and do not want to have to buy it:cool:
ill go head to head?

· Registered
1,143 Posts
You asked for the ultimate....in the last couple years I've changed my opinion...with price no obstacle I nominate the Century Drumgun...comes it at approx 22 oz built and has been thrown over 700 ft with 8oz. IMO, it beats the competition hands down.

· Registered
818 Posts
My oldest son and I were at Hatteras Jacks May of 21', those Century's are nice for sure, my son cast one model out back in the sound, it was a mid heaver, the shock leader knot broke and that sinker went waaaay out there. This was a good old post, some guys who posted have moved on to the next life, I miss them,...pop.

· Registered
2,911 Posts
10 years later here comes a Skunk down contender?

Were you waiting on me to get old and weak?

Head to Head? You bringing friends who want to compete

What rod and reel are you planning on using? Your setup needs to have some value for when I donate it to some Pier Brat.

For whatever reason
I just was playing around with one of my SurfSticks a hour ago that would smoke Joe Mullet's old one piece Lami's.
I gave away my one piece Lami after I got my new SurfStik in 1989. Joe Mullet is no longer able to compete.

Same rules reel must hold and be loaded with 220 yards of 20 pound test Berkley mono.
8 ounce pyramid sinker
One cast
No warmups
Backlashes count as a cast
Breakoffs are instant Loser

Loser loses rod and reel to winner

10 years out of my prime, but since I did not set a time limit 10 years ago I guess I am ready to play.

· Registered
818 Posts
10 years later here comes a Skunk down contender?

Were you waiting on me to get old and weak?

Head to Head? You bringing friends who want to compete

What rod and reel are you planning on using? Your setup needs to have some value for when I donate it to some Pier Brat.

For whatever reason
I just was playing around with one of my SurfSticks a hour ago that would smoke Joe Mullet's old one piece Lami's.
I gave away my one piece Lami after I got my new SurfStik in 1989. Joe Mullet is no longer able to compete.

Same rules reel must hold and be loaded with 220 yards of 20 pound test Berkley mono.
8 ounce pyramid sinker
One cast
No warmups
Backlashes count as a cast
Breakoffs are instant Loser

Loser loses rod and reel to winner

10 years out of my prime, but since I did not set a time limit 10 years ago I guess I am ready to play.
are tickets being sold for this event??

· Super Moderator
514 Posts
There are LOTS of good surf rods available for larger species and longer casting distances. It's always a gamble or sorts with any rod, and until hook up with one you'll never know if it's The One. I like certain models of CCP, Zziplex, and even a hefty Penn Battalion with an F15 crank stuck on.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts