Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen a handful of striper this weekend but it seems that each one has had open sores on it. Is every body seeing this?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:barf: not after i put some hot grease on m- mmmmmm:p

·
Registered
389 Posts
The ones that I have caught looked good, no sores. We saw this last year also. Look but don't touch and wash your hands of course after fishing. They say you can still eatem but I'll only be takin the healthy ones.:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I believe the sores are some kind of form of TB. Like poleant said don't touch and wash your hands after handling them. I have noticed in MD most stripers that are native to the bay tend to have sores on them and the ones that migrate the coast seem to have less chance of sores.

·
Registered
300 Posts
First Sandflea pointed it out to me, but then I noticed for myself. The stripers a LONG but so skinny...like they are starving to death.

Baddog's brother gave me one he caught that was large, but skinny. When I filleted it out, the large croaker I also cleaned had almost as much meat on it. (And yes Kajun I can fillet pretty good now so its not me butchering the job! ;) )

Sandflea said he caught one that looked really sad...now I hear they have sores on them....TB! ewwww :jawdrop:

Maybe I will stick to croaker and spot.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ill butcher that sore right off m , n , you know the rest :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts