Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new uk style casting rod for fishing purposes. MAY get a zzippy but i have my eyes on the "GREYS" line of rods.The SRX in paticular.Has anyone thrown this with 8-n-bait?
Any other reccomendations?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jim
Ralph,Ed and myself are going to come down next week. I know what you mean about the island. People wonder why I spend so much time there during the winter. Last Janurary I took the ferry over to Ocacoke Island and fished until I nearly missed the last ferry back that night. I seen only one other person on the beach all day. It was cold and windy but I wouldn't trade that for all the warm crowded beaches in the world and of course catching a couple big stripers made it even better. We should all enjoy it while we can. The idiots that want to change things that don't need changing have arrived and the only thing we can do is not allow ourselves to get pushed aside.
I'll see Ed this weekend and tell him to give you a call.
Bob S

·
Registered
267 Posts
January fishing !!!

Hello Bob, You are right about January fishing. Last time you said that you saw me, but I did not see you. What kind of truck do you drive? Even though my wife caught all of the fish, it was still wonderful. It was a little cold; I guess that I should get my 2 girls a pait of waders. I still have the 90 blue/silver Suburban w/a raised roof. I also added a rod/cooler rack on the front. That was missing last January. Larry.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Larry
I have the silver surburan with the rod rack on front. You were about 200 yards south of me on that day. I was between the red and green beached bouys. We'll get together next time.
When will you be going down again?
Bob

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bob, The next trip is for the F & F Red Drum Tourney. I am (planning) on heading to Hatteras after Crisfield on Sunday. I am staying in a 6 Bedroom house with 9 others; $105/guy for the whole week, in Avon. I don't remember if you said that you caught any fish where you were fishing. Larry. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.