Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would not get on ugly, they are way too flim-flamy for my tastes. It's like throwing with a noodle. The shorter ones, (less than 9-foot) arent too bad for medium distances, especially cause they are unbreakable. I think the surfcasters are impossible to get any distance with. There is no spring. For an all around, medium rod they are good. I have two Ugly stick graphites that I absolutely love, but they dont make them in a surfcaster. The graphite makes them extremely stiff and sensetive. shakespere would clean up if they made them into heavers.
Anyway-My vote is for the Quantum (cheaper) or Tica(A little more). These rods will not let you down. Both of these companies make rods that will do everything you need for less than 65$. Greentop just got their first batch of Ticas in. If you go and give em a shake, I think you'll want one.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I would take the Ellinators over the Ugly Stick.Its an 8an bait type of rod.I never used Ticas,but I'm sure there good too.Buy the Ellimnators,you'll thank yourself for doing so.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts