Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I have enjoyed reading your board. I’ll be staying out on Tybee this weekend and early next week. My dad’s family is from Savannah and I will be in town visiting a few relatives. I live out on the other side of the world in Seattle where I spend most of my time chasing salmon and steelhead. I know no one likes to share their secrets but I could use some general tips. I'm still trying to figure out the timing of what’s running right now?I plan to hit the surf and/or the piers (maybe a charters too). I like running lighter stuff and will probably bring a 9ft 10-20 rod for my big stick?
If anyone wants to hook up let me know. I can’t offer any advice for your part of the world but can fill you in on fishing in the Northwest and Alaska.

Thanks
-Dogfish

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'd bring something a little smaller and a little shorter if you want to play with the trout, mackerel, blues and flounder that are everywhere right now.

I'll be fishing maybe Sunday and probably Monday, depending on weather conditions. I work at River Services/Supply on Thunderbolt Island in the tackle department so you can get in touch with me there.

PM me and I'll send you the number.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts