Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the board has been down for a little while and I've been so busy with work and fishing, I'm going to make this a summary post.

The weekend was a bit stormy but did make it out to the pier regardless. Met PJ aka "pjollis" and fished with him for awhile Thursday and again on Sunday. Sunday I walked up, tossed out the heaver next to him and five minutes later was hooked into a 3'+ blacktip. Poor guy had been there all day trying to catch one, fortunately he did manage to catch one before too long.

Today, went back out and caught a total of five sharks, the smallest one was about 18" and the others were in the 40-45" range including three fat blacktips. Two blacktips were taken on live mullet fished on a clip-slide rig. Saw some nice pompano, whiting, blues and Spanish being caught as well.

The one thing that really irked me today was a guy who was throwing a cast net in my favorite bait place. He would pull up his net and leave all the little croaker and menhaden that would come up on the sand to die. Finally, I got angry enough to follow behind him and toss back everything he left on the sand. Then, while he was trying unsuccessfully to catch crabs, I caught a huge one in my net. He looked really hopeful as if I was going to give it to him, but instead, I released it. He slunk off after that. On top of it, the reason he couldn't catch any crabs was the fact that all the crabs were sitting right near me on my side, eating all the stuff he had killed. So maybe karma comes back to bite him? Who knows... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hate people like that. It dosen't take much effort to throw 'em back in the water if you're not going to keep 'em for food or bait. Had a guy out on the pier a few years back that was catching a bunch of bluefish. I already had my limit and was heading off the pier and noticed he was just throwin the fish on the pier and lettin 'em flop around till they where dead... I "nicely" asked him if he was going to keep them and told him if he was he should bleed them and put 'em on ice. Well his reply was he was too busy catching fish to throw 'em back and he didn't care for the taste of bluefish. :mad: When i started tossing fish over the side he kinda got the hint that he should start throwing 'em back or give them away if he didn't want them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.