Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lovely day to be down on the beach. Warm and lots of beautiful women everywhere. Makes me wish I was single again. Oh yeah, wait, the fish. I was there to fish. Heh, yeah fish. Anyways, I got out there around 2 and set up a pin rig with a small spot hoping something big and brown or a king might cruise by. Never heard of cobia there, but ya never know. 5 minutes later, I was reeling in a 14" blue that mangled the little spot. Every time, I'd drop in a new spot, a blue would come by and kill it. Finally started putting out blues with no luck. One small shark came and chased one blue around in circles for awhile but never hit it. Was nice to try out my "new" Calcutta baitcaster despite the lack of action.

People fishing the breaker area with live shrimp were catching large 15" blues, some BIG pompano, and alot of trout. The biggest trout was around 24", big and fat. Probably full of eggs, I would have thrown it back. Might have to try the new Cajun Thunder floats, they seem really effective.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts