Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who requested a Tybee report, I finally got down there today around 6. Fished mudminnows and live shrimp with only a small whiting to show for my efforts. Doug told me that he had caught alot of huge Spanish early in the day and it had been pretty slow since then. A few small whiting, spots, and blue fish were being caught. One guy on the end had a decent shark but lost it at the rail.

Wind was ESE at about 5-10 knots and the water was fairly muddy. Once the tides reduce a little, it should be better fishing. I also heard the kings came in close last weekend but of course, I wasn't there.:mad:

Oh well. Until next time, this is Emanuel reminding you, take only what you need, throw the rest back, and pick up your trash!:D

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spanish were caught on finger mullet under Cajun Thunder corks or run on fishfinder rigs. You'd be amazed at the size of some of the Spanish that are hitting the beaches right now.

See ya in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the board. I fish out there at Tybee alot when I have a car that actually runs.:rolleyes: However, I'm glad to see you found this board, how did you hear of it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really don't remember. I think I found it by accident. I was probably doing a search for Tybee. I've been lurking for a while in anticipation of our vacation. Yes, we were the rookies on the pier. We don't have oceans in Nashville, TN.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.