Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, caught a nice trout and red on Electric Buzzards and Space Guppies. Also hooked a couple really big flounder but both spit the jig on me, one of which went whistling past my ear like a bullet.

Went back tonight after work, armed with some beer a couple appreciative customers gave me and started off throwing throwing Rootbeer/Gold Assasisns and caught two 17" reds right off the bat. Then they stopped hitting those and I switched over to a split tail minnow in an Opening Night color and caught a fat trout and another red. After that, it got darker and I switched over to the Space Guppie. Caught one small flounder and then the bite stopped. Ronnie caught a nice trout and three reds throwing a chartreuse minnow. All fish except the trout were released, the trout went to the icy depths of his cooler. The reds were all in the 15-19" range, and the trout were 15-18".

Also watched mink running up down the bank right behind me. This one went into the water and came back about 5 minutes later with a big toadfish in his mouth. Good for him!

Tomorrow, we're going for big reds. Can't wait to test out my new 12' Tsunami XH surf rod.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A guy I know caught a 46 pounder off the pier back in July, so I'm hoping for a 50"+ one tomorrow. Either way, I can't wait to try my new heaver.:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good luck man. Hey is that sharkfisherman Ronnie.....If so tell him I said howdy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts