Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran down to one of the flounder holes for half an hour after work, trying to get in some fishing time. Checked the minnow trap and found one little shrimp. Put him on a 1/0 Owner light circle hook and pitched him into the current. Bam! Trout on. Switched back over the Space Guppy and had multiple hits from some small bass and flounder, but no hookups. Pitched back into the current again and hooked into a really nice trout about 18". Watched some people keeping some red and black drum on cut bait, so I decided the only right thing to do was to release the aforementioned nice trout right in front of them. That made my night. I just hate that so many people fish the spot and when they do actually catch fish, they keep them all. Besides, the dirty looks I get for releasing fish are priceless. It's almost to the point where I'll go out of my way to release fish just to pi$$ people off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I here you emanuel! with the releaseing of the fish. I dont eat fish anyways so most the time if i catch something it goes back into the water and i love it when people think your crazy for doin it. I like to see the looks on peoples faces almost as much as i like catchin the fish especialially when its a bigg'un:D - bassboy

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love eating fish, but sometimes I enjoy irritating people even more. If someone is good about releasing their fish and they're just having a bad day catching to eat, I'll share. However, when people catch and keep everything, then I enjoy making them mad. Most people think I'm nuts to begin with, so I like keeping up the image.:D

·
Registered
823 Posts
totally agree

if i keep something its usually not the nicer fish... i will keep the croaker or spot opposed to the flounder and drum. and then just enough for the dinner plate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts