Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran on down to Tybee this morning around 930 and pitched jigs for awhile. Gave up after an hour with only one C&R of a 16" trout. Tried another spot with no luck and was about to give up when I noticed the fiddler crabs were running around on the sunny mud flats. Figured since nothing else was biting well, why not try the sheepshead since I've never really tried to catch them. Gathered a few crabs and went down to a goodlooking spot for a little fiddler drowning and some soaking up of the sun on my part. On the third piling I tried, hooked into a really nice one that snapped my #8 line in a heartbeat. Went on to catch a couple more small ones before running out of bait.

Ran and got some more crabs only to not have any more hookups. However, I was given some mudminnows by someone stopping by. Dropped one over the side and right away had a flounder on. Caught two more flounder before calling it a day. Sun was nice and warm, beer was cold, and the fishing was nice for this time of year. Total for the day was 3 flounder, 2 sheepshead, and one trout, all released for next time, when I actually feel like cleaning some fish.:D

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And it only gets better when a girl dressed like one of the Hooters girls hands that beer to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts