Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys;

I am looking to get into Yaking with the wife and or sons and or friends and or nephews (aka TopSailSurf) but I want a two seater.

I do not plan on using in the ocean but in the creeks and marshes on Fort Fisher where I can 4x4 in with the yak on top.

I am looking at the Malibu Pro 2 Tandem Kayak in the Fish and Dive package url http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/servlet/the-197/Malibu-kayak-tandem-pro/Detail

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As to TopSailSurf,,,see you at Christmas and pack that new Yak you bought on top of your car so I can get a gander at it

·
Registered
99 Posts
One thing to consider on a tandem is both people kind of need to be in sync when paddling. If you do some research, you may be able to find 2 SOT's (sit on top) for the same price you can get a tandem.

I'm hoping to have my trailer finished to haul my yak on by Christmas. If not, just swing by the house and we'll pull it out of the shop.

Some good places to look for boats are: craigslist, www.sckayakfishing.com, www.atlantakayakfishing.com, and www.kayakcity.com.

Let me know if have any questions.

Just saw on kayakcity a Ride 135, the boat I have, for $799. It also comes with the rudder and angler pkg. The rudder itself is about a $250 upgrade. When I ordered my boat from them, it was $50 for shipping. I also noticed on the boat your looking at, the seats it shows are listed as upgrades.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can recommend the Tarpon 130T. Great boat either tandem or single, especially once you take out the two fold-up seatbacks and install clip in seats instead. My stuff is always hanging up on the folded seatbacks when I'm paddling single.

The boat is quick, maneuverable, and very stable. I carry both my kids with me in it. Only downside is wave-slap when I'm paddling it alone. Doesn't much seem to spook the fish, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts