Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the 2 mile jetty, and can people still fish from it?:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Flyersfan,

2 mile jetty is the jetty protecting the Cape May Inlet. If you go to the south end of Wildwood Crest (Diamond beach which is actually part of Lower Township) you can access it from either the beach or from Pacific Aveneue. It is former Coast Guard property and is still marked as such.

iYou can access the jetty between October 15th and April 15th.

I know there is a pretty good map on the internet, I'll search around for the link and post it when I find it.

Good luck & tight lines!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 mile

Dave, thanks for the info on 2 mile jetty....
My Dad lives in the Villas and when I went up we fished the rocks
at the canal North C.M., I heard that 2 mile can be a hot spot....,
and as for the Giants my wife grew up in Chatham NJ and is a
Giants, Yankees fan. If it's gotta be.. the Giants or the Redskins above the Eagles.....but not the Cowboys. I think we share that
thought.....BUT COME ON DAVE GO RANGERS !!!!!
give me a break
:barf:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Newsflash... the Cowboys are dead! I hear they made them walk home after that second half in Philly last Sunday....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eagles kill Cowboys

Big game tonight Jake,
Devils at our house
I'll be up in town to visit
Flyers tonight
Philly Diner Sunday for scraple

Go Flyers

:eek:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Just remeber who won Lord Stanley cup:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You got that right !
Eaglesfanguy.....
Santa brought me all new Eagles gear!
And get this he knew I would be at my In-laws in Atlanta...
I tell ya that Santa he really amazes me.
Saturday night...I hope the Giants fans will be watching.
E..A..G..L..E..S..
EAGLES

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohh COCO
the Flyers did win the Stanley Cup.
They were the first expansion team to do so, and they did it twice,
and they did it back to back....
so :p

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
remember the song says "What have you done for me lately":p

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know Coco, you're not this first one to say that to me, but
I'm a typical Philly fan I'll just remember the GOOD OLE DAYS...
And like Zepp "Our time is gonna come."

·
Registered
273 Posts
Happy Holidays to all.

If it must be, better the Eagles than the Cowboys. I have to be honest though, this season was such a let down that I probably won't even watch any of the playoffs.

With that said, I like the Eagles and the Pats for the big dance.

Good luck Jim Fassel, Thanks for all of your hard work!

Here's wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

I'm not really a fan, but I will watch a good game. Unfortunately, a lot of the Eagles' wins this year were fugly. It took a team as beat up as the Deadskins to make us look good, and we still lost another player. Philadelphia teams are known for choking -- I would never bet on the Beagles in a big game. They wanted a new stadium, and they got it. If they're not wearing superbowl rings in February, there will be a lot of backpeddling going on.

I wonder if they can use the rubble from the Vet to make a reef? If I remember right it cost $50 million back in the day... hate to see all that end up as landfill!

And since I'm "carping" about Philadelphia, I'd sure like to see them put a fishing pier in. Dave & Buster's raised their parking to $8.00, so I don't know how often I'll be using my neighborhood pier. Theres a beautiful deepwater pier right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge, just one good cast away from the shipping channel. Dare to dream....

Gawd I've got cabin fever already. Isn't even January yet.... Hope I make it to April!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jake,

I here ya!

It's going to be a long 3 and a half months.

I went bow hunting for the last time (this year) on Sunday Morning. When my buddy and I walked out of the woods I immediatley started making plans for April.

This settles it, I need to hit Lotto so I can spend the 1st quarter of the year in Florida!!!

;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Cabin fever has hit me also I doing more channal surfing and book reading video watching and it's still not working:( Hurry up Springtime!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings David!

Yeah, watching those fishing shows on tv never made me feel better. In fact, they made the itch worse! Theres just no substitute for real fishing....

·
Registered
6 Posts
there is no need to fish the rock pile at the inlet, fishing under the toll bridge it's great, may and june, you can catch blues weaks tog stipers and flounder just wade out on the start of the incoming tide. great spot to fish without walking to the jetty.by the way flyers rule!!!

buddha:jawdrop:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like fishing under the toll bridge also… I use to like it when I use to be able to drive my jeep up to the water… now parking is eh.

flyers rule!!! No I think you meant to say the RANGERS rule… LOL
:eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts