Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

First, has anyone used these fishbites strips? I saw people talking about them on the Florida board and decided to give'em a look. Their webpage talked about them catching the standard Bay species although they didn't mention the Bay at all, so I dropped them a note and they are sending me samples of their saltwater, freshwater, and "cold" (<63deg) baits. I guess I'll see how they work, but anybody have any info on them?

Second, does Berkely Powerbait trout bait work on sea trout/weakies? I have a couple jars of the stuff from wintertime trout fishing here in the stocked lakes around Northern VA, and thought I might give it a try on the Bay. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
712 Posts
fishbites do work and the only thing i can tell you about the powerbait is to try it you never know what'll happen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rugger,
I've used the fish strips on a charter trip last year and caught both croaker and spot with them. They are tuff and do last a rather long time. You may want to contact longcaster in reference to the fishbites.
As for the Berkely Powerbaits, if you have those rainbow colored round ones. I havent found a thing that would take them yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts