Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gas milage do you get? My little 4runner gets about 17mil/gal and I think it's a bit much for a mid-size SUV. Tundra has always been my dream truck. But I got the 4runner thinking it's big enough and gas milage was better. Boy, was I wrong. I'm thinking in trading my 4runner in for it. That save by 0 has got me bad and it doesn't help driving by the dealership almost everyday.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Craw,
I have the '05 Double Cab, 4x4 V8 model. The truck practically drives itself, it's defiantly a kick ass machine, but the gas mileage will pick away at your wallet. Still worth it in my opinion though. Get a used one w/ less than 30k on it and save a crap load of money. They will last forever if you take care of it.

Skunk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Craw,
I have the '05 Double Cab, 4x4 V8 model. The truck practically drives itself, it's defiantly a kick ass machine, but the gas mileage will pick away at your wallet. Still worth it in my opinion though. Get a used one w/ less than 30k on it and save a crap load of money. They will last forever if you take care of it.

Skunk
Just an FYI... it's 4.7 engine in 2005 model and not 5.7. I just sold mine (2006 dbl cab with cap, liner and fully loaded). Even in this economy i was able to sell it for a very high price... Heard some unhappy customers with their 5.7 engines... I was getting about 16-17 mpg... I assume you will not get more than 15 mpg.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just an FYI... it's 4.7 engine in 2005 model and not 5.7. I just sold mine (2006 dbl cab with cap, liner and fully loaded). Even in this economy i was able to sell it for a very high price... Heard some unhappy customers with their 5.7 engines... I was getting about 16-17 mpg... I assume you will not get more than 15 mpg.

I herd there was a recall on the 05 because of bad transmisions:confused:

·
Banned
946 Posts
These are the same people that gave Audubon 40 million dollars to end our open access in Cape Hatteras. I hope you'll find it in your heart to not support a company actively paying ecoloons to shutdown the best surf fishing on the east coast. Keep in mind that if they're successful, you won't need a four wheel drive at all, at least for beach access because there won't be any. There are plenty of better vehicle makes to choose from that don't help fund the enemy.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
These are the same people that gave Audubon 40 million dollars to end our open access in Cape Hatteras. I hope you'll find it in your heart to not support a company actively paying ecoloons to shutdown the best surf fishing on the east coast. Keep in mind that if they're successful, you won't need a four wheel drive at all, at least for beach access because there won't be any. There are plenty of better vehicle makes to choose from that don't help fund the enemy.
Oh my freakin god!!! Here we go again.

Get over it already. Toyota is not the only one that gave money to these people.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Buy American.... Chevy or Ford. Both get better fuel mileage than the Yota.
And after this bailout, they should give hard working Americans a freebie truck since we're gonna be the folks ponying up the money. I'm all for the big 3 filing chapter 11 so they can restructure. Then the UAW will have to renegotiate. Look at the Japanese auto makers over here. They're non UAW, their employees are happier than Rosie O'Donnell in a go-go bar, and their products are kicking the big 3's arse in quality. Time to renegotiate.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appreciate your opinions, but didn't answer my questions. I drive 355 days on payment, and maybe 10 days on the sand. I just can't justify 10 days over 355 days. And I don't want to get into the beach access issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What kind of gas milage do you get? My little 4runner gets about 17mil/gal and I think it's a bit much for a mid-size SUV. Tundra has always been my dream truck. But I got the 4runner thinking it's big enough and gas milage was better. Boy, was I wrong. I'm thinking in trading my 4runner in for it. That save by 0 has got me bad and it doesn't help driving by the dealership almost everyday.

I have a 2007 Crewmax Tundra with the 5.7L engine. It's been my wife's daily driver for the past year and a half. (I own a 6.0L GTO that I drive daily)

She's sees between 15-17mpg but that's with a heavy mix of NOVA traffic which is horrible and some highway driving. So it should be a little better if you don't do a lot of stop and go driving. I'm not sure what the traffic is like in Richmond.

It's been a great truck, we've taken it on road trips to Memphis and Cape May and we haven't had a single issue with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you're worried about gas mileage, go with the 2009 Ford F-150. Can't beat 21 mpg in a full sized truck! Plus it has the most payload and towing capacity of any half-ton.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you're worried about gas mileage get one with a 4.7. I have a 2001 with a 4.7 extra cab. I drive almost all highway miles and get pretty close to 20 when I'm not overdoing it.

I've driven a Tundras with a 5.7, it was fast as hell. Too much power for me I'd lose my license.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you think that is too much power bone stock, then you probably wouldn't look at the trd supercharger for it because it puts out over 500hp

·
Banned
215 Posts
Get a Titan, its a great truck, had mine since 2004, never spent a dime and got 125,000 so far. Recall on brakes, took it in, got bigger disc, all done at 20,000 miles. Went to get new tires and told them to check the brakes, and Goodyear of all places, said, sir, they are still great, maybe another 20,000 miles on them. So you tell me 105,000 miles and brakes are still great. Downside, it gets 15-17mpg. Upside everything else, plus I can tow 9600# without any problems. Bucket seat leather did get a little raggy, but still looks ok, but I bust the crap out of them, in and out abut 20 tpd. Get a Titan and let the other stuff go. I had them all, nothing like this one. In a league by itself.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you're worried about gas mileage, go with the 2009 Ford F-150. Can't beat 21 mpg in a full sized truck! Plus it has the most payload and towing capacity of any half-ton.
It's 21 mpg only in the 2WD smaller v8 (4.6L).........it's 18 in the 4WD 5.4L and you'll be hard pressed to get that.......

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ive got the dble cab 4x4 V8 2006. Rides like a car. I get 300 miles per tank of regular gas which lasts me a week. That includes interstate and in town traffic driving. At 50000 miles I had to replace the front rear brakes which is normal. I had bought mine new, no complaints.

·
Registered
446 Posts
:fishing:Im back to talking about the Tundra now. My only complaint would be the turn base is not tight. You can make a u-turn on the highway but it does need a little room for turning. I also have the full size bed. I bought this truck with thoughts it will be my last vehicle I get, getting close to retirement.:beer::D

·
Registered
909 Posts
Get a Titan, its a great truck, had mine since 2004, never spent a dime and got 125,000 so far. Recall on brakes, took it in, got bigger disc, all done at 20,000 miles. Went to get new tires and told them to check the brakes, and Goodyear of all places, said, sir, they are still great, maybe another 20,000 miles on them. So you tell me 105,000 miles and brakes are still great. Downside, it gets 15-17mpg. Upside everything else, plus I can tow 9600# without any problems. Bucket seat leather did get a little raggy, but still looks ok, but I bust the crap out of them, in and out abut 20 tpd. Get a Titan and let the other stuff go. I had them all, nothing like this one. In a league by itself.
your kidding right! ford f 350 deisle will drag that truck down the road a 65 and you wont even know its there

9rock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts