Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have next Tuesday free to fish... but I need to select a general area.

I would appreciate hearing information on what general area of the NC coast would be a good bet... where is the bite looking good this week? While I don't mind taking a day off and just standing on the beach (beats sitting in an office chair), I would like to make the most of my day fish-wise.

Places I tend to go are Oak Island, Fort Fisher, north end CB, Topsail... these are not bad for me to get to for a day trip. I go to Fort Macon every other year or so, just for a change of scenery, but it's more hours of driving on a day trip. OBX is a real hike for me for a day but if that's the real spot at the moment I would do what I have to do... maybe an overnighter.

I saw one post that said the bite was all sharks at the Fort, and that's what makes me ask this, as I would probably have hopped in the car and just headed down there.

Dave

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dave,

If I knew where the fish would be next Tue I would be there too! Been a mixed bag here on Topsail with the cold air. Caught a few short flounder while trout fishing earlier this week and saw some puffers...
Could be better down south or up north you just never know. Good luck were ever you end up.:fishing:
EB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts