Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever have success using tube n worm set ups for stripers here? Seems they would apply anywhere one might use eels, but I haven't seen any posts here about it. Alot of people use them up north for big'uns. Anybody...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Took me a while to find a pic. The one I wanted was much bigger and alot better. Basically its surgical tubing with a egg/bullet sinker and treble hooks. Some use a rudder to give it more action.

Trying to find a source.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ive heard of people trolling the tube worms for large stripers and blues up north but i dont know to many that do it here.Seems everyone is into wire lining for the big stripers here .. but i would assume it would work here with the eel population.. especially over cape henry... if i can ever get my buddy to take his boat out im going to give that a shot.. <<< is from up north...
grew up tossing the 4 oz diamond jigs with the 6 to 8 inch sergical tube worm on it for stripers...need to get back to basics..... next year when i have my larger boat ill practice some more of the techniques occasionally brought up in here and feed back results.. right now all i can do is hypothisise

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can troll these, sure, but evidently many people are using them on spinning outfits from the surf with much success.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts