Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 11'Tsunami rated 4-10oz throw more than 10oz if need be...and will the 12' rated 6-10oz throw less than 6oz well? I may have narrowed my search down to these two rods, but not sure of which one. I want the 12' because of the xtra foot of length, but like the fact that the 11' is rated down to 4oz. I do most of my fishing in Va Bch and don't usually throw over 4&bait. But I went to NC last weekend with Nserch and Bucket and got hooked. Most beautiful place I have ever seen. I will be going there quite often this summer and need this rod to work for both places. This will be my "big game" surf rod. btw I just picked up a slosh 30 and that is what I will be putting on it. thanks

todd

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey bassn

Looking at the same rods. Think they may have an edge over ticas and okumas. Whats the best price you have found? Lowest I have found is 93 clams plus 15 shipping from FL. DB

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to Digitaldagger.com. on sale now. 11' = 88.00 and the
12' = 95.00. I just hope I decide on which one b4 they go off sale.

todd

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dont Really understand the whole E-BAY thing. How can a company auction cheaper than they normally sell for? 65 bucks sounds good though. DB

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all about volume. Opening up an ebay account opens your doors to the world. you can set your sales parameters so you don't have to sell for less than you actually want to. If people bid more, that is just more profit. Plus, you don't have to have an actual storefront, meaning very low overhead. Lots of the powersellers on e-bay actually do all sales from their homes.

todd

·
Registered
106 Posts
ebay is advertising

Some shops use ebay as an advertising tool. They may have 10 rods to sale and put one on ebay with a link to thier shop. It open up a small tackle shop to the world. They may end up selling one rod at cost or less but profit on the other nine on customers that would have never found them. Digitaldagger sales alot of rods on ebay, usually 10-30 less than his online prices. Ebay is great if you educate yourself first of what you want and are willing to spend.

mapcaster

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Welcome to the game,Bassn-Oughta get some practice time,gimme ahollar when you want to praCTICE casting.

I wouldn't mind seeing that Tsunami in action

FYI-the Slosh is super fast.......Took me 2 seasons and a couple of respools to tame that machine.......Gimme a call

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will Nserch, just need to order the rod. think it will be the 6-10 oz 12' tsunami. :D

And what's better, the wife is buying it for me :jawdrop:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts