Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! So my buddy is bringing his boat down (we do not have a lot of experience at all boat fishing) and we want to target some speckled trout. Was hoping to get some recommendations on rigs, other gears and ideally some good spots to target. I've only caught a handful of specks in my entire life but they are one of my favorite fish so really hoping to get on some! Thanks for any help!

Oh and we live in Richmonda,Va but we got the boat hooked up to a trailer so willing to travel a ways if there's a hot spot. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Va beach rudee inlet lynnhaven inlet hit them both one in mornin one before dark jigs with grubtails -popping corks and cast net some mullet on carolina rigs rudee is free to launch at owls creek trout flounder puppy drum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Va beach rudee inlet lynnhaven inlet hit them both one in mornin one before dark jigs with grubtails -popping corks and cast net some mullet on carolina rigs rudee is free to launch at owls creek trout flounder puppy drum
Thanks man really appreciate it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
No prob good luck.. maybe youtube 7citiesfishing or southern reels try and see where they fish its all around this area and good spots

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Luke, Warehouse landing in Gloucester is a public ramp that puts you in the Ware river. Good fishing with lots of docks and flats to fish. Good luck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Lynnhaven and Rudee inlet should both have trout. Rudee will be more crowded because it’s smaller. Gulp 4” swimming mullet in white or chartreuse and 1/4 oz jighead. If they are really biting then anything will do from paddle tail Bass Assassins or Z-Man MinnowZ to plain white grubs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Luke, Warehouse landing in Gloucester is a public ramp that puts you in the Ware river. Good fishing with lots of docks and flats to fish. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Awesome...thanks man appreciate it! And yep, I'll report back! Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lynnhaven and Rudee inlet should both have trout. Rudee will be more crowded because it’s smaller. Gulp 4” swimming mullet in white or chartreuse and 1/4 oz jighead. If they are really biting then anything will do from paddle tail Bass Assassins or Z-Man MinnowZ to plain white grubs.
Sick thanks brotha! Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I’ve been fishing both lynhaven and rudee inlet almost every day/evening both from the sand and from my small boat. Puppy can be had from the boat in lynhaven as for the trout they are around but all are short and not as many as in prior years. Personally I think the water is still to warm. We need some cold nights and even a hard freeze or two to get the big ones moving into the inlets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts