Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sad to hear of your medical situation, kindest regards.
Is this the early Seigler reel ? If so, are you aware of any changes / mods between this model and the current equivalent ?
I really like the looks of it !
Thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Folks aren't going to recognize a Truth MS reel...may want to change that although don't think headings/titles can be changed..the SM is a fine reel......

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this the early Seigler reel ? If so, are you aware of any changes / mods between this model and the current equivalent ?
Thanks
The person I bought it from said he had just gotten it back from factory for a tune up? I have never put line on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks
As far as I know they have not changed a thing. Seigler had to change the name due to copyright issues. There was a outdoors show that had “Truth” in its title and filed a lawsuit.
One of my favorite 8nB8 reels.

·
Registered
254 Posts
There have been a few changes since they changed names. Mostly upgrades to the internals. Biggest that comes to mind is a stronger mag. Think the adjusted the clicker and maybe the drag too. They will upgrade the old reels if you bring it to them. They are located in Virginia Beach off dam neck rd

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Don. That Reel is GOLD just because of the Serial Number thats On It,, The Truth Name is the very first name that eventually became Seigler... That is the tenth reel to come off the production line when they are first introduced. Since its introduction there have been some minor changes of the internal components. Upgrades are no charge when you send them in with the $25 dollar fee. Over the last couple years I have sold a Seigler,Truth and Release reels for friends on ebay. All in the low 300 dollar range,

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don. That Reel is GOLD just because of the Serial Number thats On It,, The Truth Name is the very first name that eventually became Seigler... That is the tenth reel to come off the production line when they are first introduced. Since its introduction there have been some minor changes of the internal components. Upgrades are no charge when you send them in with the $25 dollar fee. Over the last couple years I have sold a Seigler,Truth and Release reels for friends on ebay. All in the low 300 dollar range,
Thanks for all your info and help kind Sir.
I think it’s number 100, maybe 10.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Truth was in the middle, it went Release, Truth, then Seigler. Even still I would call 250 quite a bargain, especially in the condition that’s in

1 - 15 of 15 Posts