Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few cans of spray on bed liner , Im thinking of sraying a few coats on the bottom of bolth my yaks . cuz i mainly fish oyster beds and brige pillings

Has any body done this ?, and whats ya'lls thaughts on it

matt

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sounds like it would add a lot of weight to your yak. Interesting idea though...

Maybe mask off a few vulnerable areas and only spray them.

If you really want more protection for the the hull I've heard of people using kevlar. Not sure how much it costs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would have my doubts as to how well it would adhere to the kayak. If it is a polyetheylene yak I really doubt it. Poly yaks are easy to repair if needed. Scrapes just give it personality. Unless they are very deep, don't sweat it. If they are deep they can more than likely be fixed. It is not very hard.

Let me know if I can help.

Rolo

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think there are some folks spraying it on the keel line on fiberglass sea kayaks. The reports I read said that it only added about a lb & had no significant inpact on speed of the boat. I thought about doing it to my boat, but like ROLO, I was afraid that it wouldn't stick to poly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.