Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time peeps. They've stocked the parks round Richmond. Trout a la almonds, trout a la tomatoes, baked trout, fried trout, trout and fries, grilled trout, broiled trout, trout on a stick, trout wrapped up in tinfoil and stuck on the grill, trout soup, trout heads for striper bait, ect., ad nauseum:)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It's time peeps. They've stocked the parks round Richmond. Trout a la almonds, trout a la tomatoes, baked trout, fried trout, trout and fries, grilled trout, broiled trout, trout on a stick, trout wrapped up in tinfoil and stuck on the grill, trout soup, trout heads for striper bait, ect., ad nauseum:)

mike and I were out in the city last week. limits in 2 hours. they were SMALL. i mean like cobb mullet size, you need a limit just to feed one person. gimme a shout, lets go!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That's good to hear, I hope they stock the NW river park in Chesapaeke this winter too...just one more option.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Dorey was slow last night. Only small cats 4" or so that I saw caught. And I got one. The skunk is broken!!!!!
Neil, were you luring or baiting?

·
Registered
238 Posts
where you need to go trout fishing(in virginia) is in the mountains for fishin in the creeks and streams, can't get much better than that. Especially when u can make it to one where it has just recently been stocked

·
Registered
306 Posts
mike and I were out in the city last week. limits in 2 hours. they were SMALL. i mean like cobb mullet size, you need a limit just to feed one person. gimme a shout, lets go!
Should have figured you would of hit them up by now. :D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Dirty, try this re-cipe.

scale, gut and head trout. Coat inside of body cavityand outside with Old Bay. Slice some onions or any kind of fruit and pack the body cavity. Wrap in foil, like in 3 or 4 wraps. Hot grill and 5 minutes on each side[10" to 14" ]. Anything over 16" will take longer. Simple, quick, tasty and works on the sand also. With most everything except blues. Might work with them too, but I don't et them. wdbrand.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So at 3-4" a piece:eek:, wadya reckon, 3 1/2 seconds a side? 'Member, we're talking city fish here, not them country big boys:fishing:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
yeah just stick it in the microwave for like 10 seconds..... or maybe we can stick a treble in it and use them for bass bait? used lures and baits. went out twice last week and got limits but the stringer of 8 fish was like .5 a pound

1 - 10 of 10 Posts