Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need to get a few blanks for trout rods. What are you guys using? I thought about going to fishsticks and digging through their left over blanks from the rod show. I havent done much trout fishing at all over the past few years so I am really not sure what I want. Im guessing a 7-7.5' rod rated between, 1/4-3/4 oz. Does that sound right? any help woul dbe appreciated

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Any of the loomis, lami, or st croix blanks will make good trout rods in that 7-7.5 ft rods.

If you are looking for a good surf trout rod look at the St Croix or Lami Steelhead rods. I have a St Crox 8.5 ft weighted 1/2 oz to 1 3/4 oz and it will launch a 1/2 oz crub or a Mirrolure a mile.

·
3,775 Posts
Jeb doesn't know about trout rods. Hell, he lives 150 miles from the beach. Who fishes with Crubs anyways....What the hell is that? Some secret Bream Bait from the local Master-bait-her?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
THe lami steel head rods are nice. I picked up a couple discontinued models from mud hole and they flat out smoke a mirro lure. I see lots and lots of the green St. Croix rods on the beach during trout season too. If you want to bend on some of scotts stuff he has some great all star blanks that will fit the bill still on clearance. $15 ea. He has the Rainshadows there too you can tug on.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the rainshadow MB 704 or 5.
Is that a discontinued blank. I cant find it in my batson catalog? I havent had any luck finding it on the web anywhere either

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan did you mean Shikari, I know that they made a 704 and 705

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Skunk what CTS blank do you use. i have a CTS heaver Im building now

·
Banned
2,808 Posts
Blank

Loomis 843 I.M.X. for mirrolures. 843 gl3 for small mirrolures and grubs. 842 gl3 for grugs and no wind with small mirrolures. All 7 ft. The 844 Loomis is a very stiff rod. I use the 844 I.M.X. with a 260 slammer for Stripers up to 30 lb or so over the tubes. I would buy the factory Loomis rod. Lifetime replacement.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chuck, I've got a lami steelhead rod that I use for this. Works great for me. I can't remember the numbers on it. If you would like to check it out let me know.
That sounds good Chad, Im headed to Fort fisher for a week. We can try to get together when I get back. I want to check out that rod you put on SOL also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.