Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming into town Wednesday night for my first few days of fishing since December. Has anyone heard of trout coming out of Willoughby yet? It's about that time of year.

And if any of you want to come along, let me know. If we don't catch any fish, there's always beer. :D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Flea,

Make sure you remember to bring your fishing stuff back to Baltimore. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
water temps have dipped below "the mark" in the last few days. It hasn't been an extreme dip, but a dip just the same....

how long you staying? things may be back to right by sat or sunday. Have you considered coming for the weekend and staying a few days into next week instead?

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm staying through the weekend--have to be back in Baltimore Sunday night to get back into the salt mines :rolleyes:

Looks like it's supposed to be nice starting Saturday. Maybe things will pick up Saturday evening.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I havent heard too much on trout but they have been picking up horse croaker,and an occasional spot!! The water temps were close to early season trout temps last weekend, before this [email protected]&* cold front came through, hopefully they will be here soon enough!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I have been out there(Spit) the last 2 weekends,tossing Storm Shads,Mirro lures and wind cheeters,and ended up with 2 schoolie stripers,lotsa grass and nothing else.

Lemme get up with Surf and Turf,and maybe we all can create a chum slick to attract some deliscious sea trout!

Lemme know if that's a plan!

·
Registered
224 Posts
This cold front has really screwed the fishing up. I dont expect to see trout for atleast another week or two. But then again i may be wrong. Because every time you come to town you get into a blitz or you catch a drum :D.

·
Registered
270 Posts
(Hey NS$D, Sand Flea said he was bringing beer! Heck, I'm showing up rain, shine or Nor'easter!)

Sand Flea, you know where the Spit is? If not, I'll pick you up! I have room for several 100 qt coolers of beer. Sorry no room for fish coolers though! Let me know where you are staying! :D (shoot, I just got me a new best friend! :eek: )

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Flea,

No Trout to date that I know of first hand or otherwise at Willoughby - be it the Jetty, the Wiffle hole, or near about points elsewhere :(

Outside the hot ditch or possibly ES, looks like another slim Speck year for us around Hampton Roads.

Beer me,

`bucket

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Given that I'm buying beer for half of Tidewater...

The jetty at Willoughby Spit has been a productive spot on grey trout over the last few years in April. I've had some good evenings there with Mirrolures when the weather is warm.

Unfortunately, things seem to have chilled. A warm front is supposed to be coming through Friday night. The question is how long it'll take to hit the fish's turn on point. Guess I'll cruise the beaches when I come into town Thursday and play it by ear.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Looks like a slow week @ work,so that means I will to do some fishing this weekend.

-The grass is mowed,the weeds pulled,and both front and back fertilized,so, Game on,can't wait till the weekend.

-Surf and Turf I will give you a ring to confirm.

-sand flea,I he hope we hook this weekend,and bring home some tasties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts