Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Nice job and it looked like a very good time by all.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Very nice, James!

Now you need to show someone else how to use the camera so you can catch one.

Btw, did you guys get any info recently on the VB Surf tourney? Email me if not...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Longcaster,

Outstanding clip! Hows about some "training videos" of yours truly demonstrating long distance casting techniques!

Macman
:D

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DR.Bubba,
We need a package. You can contact Salty for information on how to reach me or Darryl.

Sandflea,
I used a Panasonic Prosumer MiniDv camera (AG-EZ50). It has a 3ccD filter (broadcast quality). I used a Pinnacle System software package for the editing. I learned that I need to shoot much more tape. I had the tripod but I forgot to the bring the tripod mounting bracket so I had to hand hold the camera. If I had the bracket I could have gotten on camera myself.

Macman and Shorebird,
The best distance casting video around is by Neil MacKellow. It's called Going the Distance."
http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/index.htm

It may be available on his wedsite. He has just started an online wedsite for US anglers and casters. I do not have any details but I'm sure he'd be happy to bring you up to speed. If have specific question that I can answer send me email on post it on the distance casting board for if want a broad range of input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts