Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice Team Daiwa Whisper Tournament rod for sale.

Details:

Model : Team Daiwa Carbon Reinforced Amorphous Mesh Graphite construction. AWB 126 M

Length: 12' 6"

Shrink wrap butt with adjustable sliding carbon/graphite
Penn reel seat.

Rated 4 to 6 oz. Performs very well with 5 or 6 and bait.
Nice bite detection and good action when fighting a fish.

I have been told this is a great entry level tournament and above rod. I can no longer handle one at this length and my son does not have time to practice or enter.

$ 125.00 plus shipping.

It will beat the heck out of the Tica or Tsunami rods.

·
Registered
578 Posts
As an owner of two of the above rods have to agree these are great rods for fishing and sufficently powerful to hit 700' for tournament casting . Nice light rods with good bite detection . Ryan White uses one as his daily fishing rod too .At $125 its a bargin , new usually go for $300 range if you can still find one.For any one in the remedial group I would highly recommend it ....

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spinning vs Conventional

Fish On, the rod is setup as a conventional. Looking at it, it appears the guides are large enough to handle dual service. It would need a stripper guide mounted near the ferrule.
Connman, or a rod builder could give you a better answer.

But, at this price, even replacing the guides, it would still be a good value.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rod is SOLD !!!

GORD 4862, That is interesting. I have fished with Fish Hunter in Hatteras; but I really thought that according to the post after yours that you were the new owner; even though I saw his "FOR SALE" on atleast 2 other boards. Something about "the man in the bandana"!!! If you want another rod(new or used); then post it. I am sure that there are nice used rods available. In other news; How is your casting? Larry the pelican man.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Larry,
Casting is going well. I was on vacation at the Jersey this past week. The fishing was lousy so I spent alot of time casting.
OTG ariel is smooth and effortless, sending 6oz and bait way over
the sand bar. I really don't know the distance, but it's farther than
I could cast before the clinic.
I tried out my neighbors 11' and 12' Ticas. The 11' rated to 8oz and the 12' to 10oz. I get about the same distance with both
but can cast 8oz plus bait with the 12 footer.
How are you doing?
Gordon

·
Registered
681 Posts
vacation ?

Gordon,

How's it going? What exactly is a vacation again? It's been so long since I've had one. My boss, gets upset if I take an hour for lunch. :mad:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clarification

Sorry for the confusion guys. Not 10 min after my post, Kip from NC aka Bandanna Boy emailed me he wanted the rod. His was the 1st reply.

Since that was posted, I have spent the best part of 3 weeks at the hospital with my mom, who has been very ill. I have posted occasionally, but missed the followup on this one.

Mom has been moved to a nursing home for rehab and the man above willing will be back to her independent, snarling, scratching and growling 82 yr old self in the next month or so.

I'm ready to go fishing. :) Took the lil Drummer out casting his new gear yesterday and for a 10 yr old, he is hitting about 65 yds with a Tica 4500 Libra and a 11' Sealine X. Get him back in shape and then he moves to his new Breakaway with the Daiwa Emblem X on it. He's ready for the drum tourney in Oct or soon will be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.