Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my dad went to bass pro tonight to get a saltist 30h since i have a 30th now. found out they were out so headed over to the counter just too look atthe tourms to see what all the fuss was about. Asked for the 16 but they dont sell them. So went ahead and check out the 20. Man is that reel light cannt beleve it my saltist is so much heaver than this reel. It is a veary sturdy reel and just check out the specks on the net and found out it holds 420 yards of 20 wow i know the 16 holds 300 of 20 but had no clue the 20 held so much.

just have one question to you guys that have themhow do you put the line on them evenly with that little ball that comes up off of the spool to tie your line on to?

Just cannt wait to get out into a feild to cast it after christmass :( .

·
Registered
862 Posts
One reason the Torium is lighter is the left sideplate is actually graphite with a thin aluminum covering. I prefer the all aluminum Saltist. When tying the line to the spool do not tie directly to the peg on the spool. Do two wraps around the spool with one on each side of the peg and than tie which ever knot you prefer. When tigghtening up the knot leave the reel in freespool so the spool will turn as the knot is tightening. Keep one wrap on each side of the peg while tightening. When done correctly as the wraps cross they will catch peg. Thats the way I do it if the spool has a peg and I use a knot, usually I do not use a knot to attach to the spool.

John

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help just have never had a rell with a peg like this reel i usually dont use knots just have a litle bit of tape to keep the line down in case i get spooled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts