Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the south end sunday afternoon. Lots of grass. Went to the JollyRoger around 7:30 pm and put some drum rods out. The only run was Garbo around 7 ft. Cut him off at the pier. Did not want to walk him to the beach. Wind turn this morning so hoping for better results the rest of the week.
First time on the beach with my 4runner. Did good

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fished surfcity pier Monday night. It rained for most of the day. Caught alot of very small grey trout. Very small Va. Mullet. A few small spot. There was a young fellow drum fishing who lost a large shark. Now folks, here is a piece of advise. Do with it as you will. When a wooden pier is wet,Don't wear shoes with a smooth sole. I get a run on my drum rod and I am about 4 steps away, at step 2 both my feet suddenly appeared in my vision. I hit the pier flat on my back. At this point I still want to get to my rod but can't. To much pain and no air in my lungs. Fish spits the bait. After a bit I got up trying to act like all is cool. Checked my bait and the spot head was crushed. Fished 2 more hours till the Sharp Nose sharks moved in. Hope Tuesday has better results.
On sudaynight while fishing on J.R. We watched a house burn on the far southend of the island. Had the night sky all lite up. Sad to see someone loss a beach house.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Surf fished Sunday. Started at high tide and caught a small Pompano. Beach pretty much flat. Waited till dead low tide to fish a slough, ended up with a dozen spots, VA mullet and released a couple of small black drum. No hits on my drum rig.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Pop, it was a good week, went 2 for 5 on big drum. Ran into some people I had not fished with in over 30 years. Bought some furniture for our new place on the south end of the island.Drove down to the south end with my wife on the beach and watched the sun set and drank some wine.nice finish to a good week

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.