Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I will be heading down to Topsail on Halloween and staying till Nov 7. We have rented a little house within walking distance of the pier does anyone know if the pier will still be open then?

I was also wondering if the surf fishing is good around there and what I might expect to catch. I know it all depends on water temps but was just wondering what is normally around that time of year.

Last question have fresh shrimp been easy to find. We normally get them at the seafood place right past the turn bridge. I went to Florida a month or so ago and shrimp; were hard to get so i was just wondering.

thanks you guys are always a great help. I will gladly take any info you have

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
the pier should still be open... if not the side gate will be open... they'll have shrimp at the pier house if they're open, otherwise come on in rt 210 to the first light take a right and about a mile out is Grants fish house...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fishing should be good, hopefully some specks right there around the pier.

Rockfish, isn't Grants left at the second light by the BP station, Folkstone Rd.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
first light to the right if your coming from the pier... your correct when coming off hwy 17...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great we came down last year the week before thanksgiving. We caught alot of bigger mullett a few trout and even a few blues from the surf.

Do you think that there we still be any reds around? I went to Florida this past february and was fishing the Boca Grande pass one evening. I was lucky enough to land a 40 inch redfish and have been wanting another ever since.

Since I am stuck here in Indiana it has been a summer full of catfish and walleye sadly they just dont cut it anymore

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well im about 15 mins up the road from there and we were hamering the redfish from the surf yesterday, conditions were good, tides were up, and a full moon..tight lines :fishing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nine more days till I will be fishing for a week:fishing: Got me a new stradic and a 10 ft okuma surf rod to break in. Since I am in walking distance of sea view has any fished the surf around the pier? If so what side do you guys think might be better this time of year?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts