Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the trout are finally starting to get going good on Topsail. I have been down at the south end for the last couple of days and although most of the fish have been on the smaller side they have been on fire. Yesterday I watched the guys on the Jolly Roger Pier catching them almost every cast for several hours..I got a report from them today and they said they were on again and that there were some bigger (2-3lb) fish mixed in. There have also been some BIG mullet caught on the pier and in the surf lately.

Good Fishing,

JRJB

·
Registered
244 Posts
There are alot of trout showing up down here in the 2-3lb. range, but some are pushing over 6. Are ya'll catching any puppy drum with the trout because we are. I went offshore Wed., Thur., and inshore Fri., and caught Mahi Mahi, Bull Reds, and Monster Black Sea Bass. I will post my red drum pictures this afternoon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, the trout are finally starting to get going good on Topsail. I have been down at the south end for the last couple of days and although most of the fish have been on the smaller side they have been on fire. Yesterday I watched the guys on the Jolly Roger Pier catching them almost every cast for several hours..I got a report from them today and they said they were on again and that there were some bigger (2-3lb) fish mixed in. There have also been some BIG mullet caught on the pier and in the surf lately.

Good Fishing,

JRJB
Thanks for the report. I will try to get out this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts