Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family and iI took the 1.5 mile walk to the south end sat. morning with the cart and 4 rods. Its looks real good all the way to the point, several deep holes spaced all the way down. Ended up with 8 reds ,smallest was just under 27" , and 6 black drum. The reds were out there on the 2Nd bar, caught all 8 on my heaver in the same 10ft wide spot and the blacks started biting when the hole filled up about mid tide. Blacks of course was biting shrimp one after the other and Reds were on the frozen finger mullet, was all i had time to get for bait, but they worked! Just thought you fellas would wanna know.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics! You just made my fever get a little higher. Going down this weekend to try my hand at it. I'm studying for the CPA exam and never have time to soak any bait but i'm taking the 2nd of 4 parts Friday, then taking the weekend off and headed to Topsail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice Catch. I'm headed to kure beach this weekend. could you please share the location (exact spot) where you caught these. I might head to topsail instead.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Looks nice there.. I've been wondering if you were catching like you did last year. You had some great post early on the last year's season. Keep up the post.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts