Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy T-Rex and I are on the way to Topsail for the surf fishing tournament. As of now the tourney is still on but we will fish even if it's cancelled. I'll be leaving Monday the 5th but Rex is staying through the 10th and will update the report after I leave.
We are going to hit the surf tonight and sleep during the day tomorrow. The tourneys starts midnight friday.
With Joaquin being a cat 3 and expected to go cat 4 today, we are expecting fishing conditions slightly more difficult than usual. I will report back periodically every day.

East bound.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You guys take care....this storm is looking really bad for a lot of people. Tons of rain, very, very ugly. Be safe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got her loaded down! Stay safe. Bite should be good after the storm passes!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got her loaded down! Stay safe. Bite should be good after the storm passes!
lots of debris being washed up at surf city and topsail. might affect fishing a little. hope you have as much luck as last time, look forward to your photos. went to jooly roger yesterday. still good drum bite, some spots and pompano.

·
Registered
387 Posts
As always, looking forward to the photo reports.........

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
good looking water right there, would hit it hard while you can.

that road down to the S end turns to a lake in no time at all with a good rain, would not want to be driving there this coming weekend.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lots of small black drum and blues from the surf at low tide. Gonna transition to the jolly roger in a couple hours.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts