Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how I plan to pass the winter. Feel free to add your own:

10. Show up at the National Aquarium in Baltimore with my rods in hand and see how long it takes for them to call security.

9. Two words: Rat fishing.

8. Practice tying knots, particularly the albright and bimini twist.

7. Get ready for the Saturday morning fishing shows by putting on my waders, fishing vest, then settling onto the couch with a beer.

6. Start screaming, "I've got a big one on!" during meetings.

5. Buy a gun and kill some birds or large mammals, then eat them. Give the rest away to my vegetarian friends and tell them it's tofu.

4. Take a vacation somewhere where it's warm and fish are still feeding.

3. Buy a round for all the regular posters at Pierandsurf.com.

2. After the success of their "Pocket Fisherman," convince Ron Popeill to manufacture a "Pocket Heaver."

1. Lobby the International Olympic Committee to make cellphone dropping and vomiting an Olympic sport. Goal: to make these activities as popular as curling.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Flea, that was great, lmao.
Now we gotta see what Powell has for a come back !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok let me see.....

1. Respoll every reel i own. then get tangled in the mess and end up lying on the floor like Guliver with all that line holding me to the floor.

2.Practice my netting skills by chasing small children around my neighborhood with my big fraybill net.

3. Try to find someone to post bail for me when the parents catch up with me.

4.Tell people I'm going hunting when in reality I'm falling asleep 5 minutes after I get into my treestand.

5. Try to pry the frozen droll off the tree when I awake to find my whole body numb and blue.

6. By an ungodly amount of tackle and supplies for next season, when I'll surely find it outdated and useless.( I actually bought 2 strect 30's today, and I don't own a boat!)

7.Test the sharpness of all my hooks by implaing myself while tying some new bucktails.

8.Try to figure out why the hell anyone would go through the torture of trying to tie a bimini twist. I'd end up hangiong myself to a doorknob or something!

9. Weep wildly while huggiong my fishing rods trying to imitate the drag singing.

10. Buy all pierandsurf members who are interested a round at a bar of Fleas
choosing.

Well I know DP will do better but I gave it a shot.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! I really like #9. There's something about the sound of a drag that really gets the blood flowing. When I was a kid, I used to liveline baits for king mackerel off the Sandbridge pier. On long, hot summer days when the ocean was as flat as glass and all the mackerel fishermen had their hats over their faces and were nearly asleep, someone would always grab a line that had the clicker engaged and jerk the line as hard as they could. Everyone would jump up and start screaming like a bunch of fools, "We got one! We got one!"

·
Registered
5 Posts
HEY FLEA THATS FUNNY......WE GOT ONE WE GOT ONE......THIS IS WHAT I DID TO THE PERSON WHO GOT ME LIKE THAT. THIS SUMMER WHILE FISHING AT THE SEA GULL PIER, SOME ONE CAUGHT ME TAKING A CAT NAP AND THEY DID THAT TO ME I JUMPED UP LIKE A FOOL AND THEY ALL STARTED LAUGHING....THATS OKAY CAUSE I GOT THEM BACK......I WAITED TILL THE FOOL WAS TAKING HIS CAT NAP AND I FILLED A 3 LITER BOTTLE UP WITH H20.....WRAPPED HIS LINE LIKE 6X AROUND THE TOP OF THE BOTTLE AND THREW THE SUCKER INNNNNN.....ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WENT THE DRAG.....HE JUMPED UP SET THE CLICKER AND STARTED REELING INN A BIG ONE....PLUS THE SURF WAS RUFF THAT NIGHT...EVERYONE WAS EXCITED....TO FIND OUT IT WAS A 3 LITTER BOOTLE FULL OF WATER....GET BACK IS A BITCH THEN YOU DIE...
TILL OUR NEXT ENCOUNTER....DEEP

·
Registered
5 Posts
MY LIST AGAIN:
2. BOUGHT 2 NEW HEAVERS AND REELS SO ILL SHINE THEM UP AND LOOK AT THEM TILL SPRING TIME.
3. PRACTICE CASTING ....FORM ....TIMING ...AND DISTANCE
4.REARRANGE MY TACKLE BOX FOR THE 107TH TIME THIS YEAR.
5. PRACTICE TYING MY KNOTS
6. THINK OF SOME NEW FISHING STORIES FOR NEXT SEASON.
7. WATCH ALL THE FISHING SHOWS WITH A ROD IN MY HAND AND DREAM ABOUT FISHING.
8. LOOK AT ALL THE FROZEN MULLET AND BUNKER I HAVE IN THE FREEEEEZER.
9.RUN UP MY LONG DISTANCE PHONE BILL TALKING TO MY FISHING BUDDIES.
10. SET THE CLICKER AND JUST SIT BACK AND LISTEN TO THE ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GO OFF AND DREAM ABOUT THAT BIG FISH ON THE OTHER END.
.......TO ALL THOSE PLANKERS AND SURF FISHERMEN AND EVEN THE WEENIES HAPPY HOLIDAYS..........

H

·
0 Posts
THIS IS WHAT I WILL BE DOING WHILE AWAITING THE ARRIVAL OF SPRING.

1. SPORTS AUTHORITY
2. TNN
3. WALMART
4. TNN
5. BAIT BARM
6. TNN
7. SHORTY'S
8. TNN
9. PORTSMOUTH BAIT & TACKLE
10. ESPN

I DO HAVE A CATFISH HOLE THAT IS PRIME THE COLDER IT GETS
.......SO MAYBE I WILL GET SOME HOOK'N & SLING'N IN

PEACE MY BROTHERS

·
Registered
5 Posts
HOOK ......IM PRETTY SURE WE SHARE THE SAME HONEY HOLE WHERE THEM BIG MONSTER CATFISH ARE.....ILL SEE YOU THERE EITHER ON THE ROCKS OR THE BEACH SIDE.....LOL
........UNTIL OUR NEXT ENCOUNTER DEEP

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where is the bar and what is the night. I only have a list of one goal to perfect the fly cast with a 12 foot noodle in a 18x12 basement. Then when I give up on the maybe I'll raise some bail money and invite Russ over to teach me how to catch my dogs with a net. 8' net x 2 in an 18x12 room should be a good challenge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts