Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have to respool but i only have a huge roll of 10lb mono. It seems kinda thin but will it be able to bring a bluefish in from a pier? idk 14 inches-18 inches

I mean i can easily go buy a 20lb line but there is like 600 yards of the 10lb just laying there. I mean i can find a lot of uses for the line but i mean im just wondering, im not trying to say im too lazy to go buy 20lb mono for like 3 dollars.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yea it should be good enough! Like they said since its 10 lb test adjust the drag, its funner when you let them run anyways! Most line overtest by like 5 pounds so it will break at like 15, so no worries!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
10 is a lil light, but should be ok if u go easy.

obviously a 2-3lb blue or schoolie isnt going to spool you, but reeling it up 15' in the air dead weight, can be alot different.

Jesse

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
10 is a lil light, but should be ok if u go easy.

obviously a 2-3lb blue or schoolie isnt going to spool you, but reeling it up 15' in the air dead weight, can be alot different.

Jesse
Good catch Jesse, I missed the part about the pier. Simple solution, add a shock.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I use 8-12 lb test for trout, bluefish (taylors), and Stripers, No real problem. Though it sounds like you have a large reel and rod. The stiffness of the ro may be the real issue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i use to use 8lb mono on my jiggin poles for bues for the reason it casts so much further than 20lb. never had a problom lifting 1-2lb blues up over the rail the i switched to PP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts