Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy, looks like you have good casting weather down there!!
was wondering i imagine you have a feild set up for the SE regionals, what ya got guy? good location? end of march whats the water temp like (normally). if its warm sounds like friday will be a fishing day instead of a practice day. last time i was down to willmington i guess it was like a 4 1/2 hr drive from va beach. dont know of a shorter way except down 95 and cut over. its a shame there is no interstate running down the coast. and congrats on your new position with SCUSA.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,336 Posts
demon...

Looks like a good spot. It's a local RC airplane flying field. 53 acres, controlled access and a nice shelter. 5 minutes from I40 and 10 mins from wilmington. Close to lodging and restuarants. There is a 600x75' runway that is cut like a golf course and the rest is bush-hogged. Will be able to set up with any wind direction.... :) Deal is done, couple of details left like porta pottie and lunch.

Pretty good fishing here at times. It may be a little early but who knows???

Yea, just take 58 (or is it 53??) over to I95 till it intersects I40 then straight shot to wilmington.

Trying to practice, this work thing and christmas thing is slowing me down..... lol

Tommy

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good tom, when we get closer to the date i'll hit you up for some motel names, so we can all kind of stay in the same area. maybe you can get us a deal somewhere. salvo was nice except for the cars and the cactus on the feild, brought a few home with me last april. see ya then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts