Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or anyone who would like to jump in, went casting with rolland today in va beach. love this new LT 14 it casts like a charm but you have to be a little easier with it. but the challange is the 5500 ryan built me, its going to take alot of getting used to. rolland is throwing his new century RAPPTOR (16 FT) wow. he is throwing almost consistantly at 750. he is a big man and has the power to handle that dinosaur. if anyone is in the tide water area and would like to cast with us just contact me and we will get together, i'm sure we could all meet up some time on the same day. it always seems like the more we have casting the more fun we have and thats what its all about.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Hey deamon,

Missed your post until now. You do need to slow down just a bit with the LT. I find it to be very forgiving. You can be off with your technique and still hit good casts. This new FT.... now it's a different beast. Lots of power but if you hit it wrong it's very wrong. Have hit some good numbers with it lately.

Sounds like rolland is really raising the bar. Looks like he will be the man to beat next month.

I gotta get back out in the field..... lol

Tommy

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear your doing well also, rolland asked about you. anyone heard from tony? i'm not sure if he has a PC or not. yeah i'm also looking forward to oct as i'm sure most of the guys are. should be interesting to say the least. i'm not near where you guys are yet but i now have the equiptment, just have to hone the skill. well see ya on the field.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Tell Rolland that I said hello. He is an outstanding caster. I have hit some pretty good numbers with the new rod...... just nowhere near a consistant 750 ..... :)

Tony and I were in the field last weds. He is working with a monster rod too, that 16'+ AAA/2p1p tourney butt and hitting 700+. Tony is also big enough to handle a long rod. Being short and.... uh.... er... thick, I need something more controlable...lol. Tony doesn't have computer access but I see him often enough to get messages through.

Good luck with the practice, you're right, you do have the equipment now.

See you guys next month.

Tommy

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rolland reads the posts all the time but he never posts for some reason. sounds like tony is doing good also. tell him we said hey!
and don't feel alone i know what short and thick is all about.
see ya next month.

these numbers must be catching some peoples attention. being a rookie i'm just amazed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.