Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tommy tape is a self amalgamating silicon based tape that you wind on to your rod butt as a grip.
I did some work with them a year or so back, but once they got my ideas communication sort of dried up!
I have used self amalgamating tape for a many years and still do. However, Tommy tape being silicon based does not adhere very well to the rod so it rolls up at the ends during use. Not recommended - BB

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
try this.....

Being an electrician by trade, I am familiar with many different types of tape. I recently wrapped the butt of my surf rod with glass tape. We use it to wrap motor leads. Because I was building up what I thought was too thin, I also used the rubber tape underneath the glass. The thing about glass tape is that as it is subjected to heat it gets hard....

I did this about a month ago and it is still holding.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kozlow, the cannon is a release mechanism, I guess you could say similiar to what a bow hunter uses on his bow to release his string, only this is to release your line to cast a spinning outfit. I think you can get them from Bass Pro or the Breakaway website. Heaver, braided line, no finger protection, the cannon sounds like the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.