Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wen down to the ole Center Pier Area today,,, tought I'd go before the next front moved in tomorrow afternoon...Again today as the last time I went; it was a "perfect" fishing day, but a bit chilly when I got there...Caught a ride W/a gentleman that was going to the North end of the beach, and asked if I wanted to go W/him (I'm still kicking myself for not taking him up on the offer), But having faith in my ole fishing spot, I proceded onward to my desination. The sea was about 2 to 3 with a very lite NE wind at 5 mph. Water was fairly clear, est. water temp about 72. There were plenty of other Surf fisherman/ladies on the beach strand,,, and; like I said ya couldn't ask for a better fishing day with
Hi temps around 75...But one major thing was wrong,, the fish just weren't coperating the least little bit.Stayed until about 2PM after the river water moved in (no that didn't pick the fishing up either). I did manage 5 bites in all and catching 2 small pomp's.. I tried shrimp/ sandfles/ cut bait/ and worms.. nothing was working and nothing biting.... No one up and down the beach caught nadda either,,,,
:( But my next chance going will be on Sat,, so look for my report in the afternoon,,, and I'll be calling the piers tomorrow for the mid-week report...
Hope it picks up by then...
On a final note: the shrimp trawlers were working the Carolina Inlet very very hard (in going round and round outside the inlet) about 6 I counted, and they were trawling... So I suspect they were picking up on a school of spot since they are not catching many shrimp after the recent heavy rains we had a few weeks ago....
Trigger, I've been trying to PM ya but your box is always full....And I need to get my scrambled egg brain together (lotsa sun today guys/gals) And write a letter of thanks to everyone on this board..
Sincerly tight lines all.
David.. :cool:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Great Report LEADDRAFT
Sorry your efforts did not pay off after throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them. ;) Check those pier reports and getem.
Keep us posted and Good Luck

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Thanks for th report, and as I am so fond of saying lately," It was small but you didn't get skunked." :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts