Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work today saw boats like I've never seen in OI! They had vehicles with boats in a line down hwy 12 from fishing center to Bodie Island Light!! :eek: Wormy and his gang caught a bunch again,from what I heard,north of OI.. I heard there was a big body of fish on Pea Island side as well..I saw at least 20 trucks parked on Pea Island on the way home tonight.. ;)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I guess the old saying is be in the right place at the right time .:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
200 boats launched from the inlet fri; another 50 turned away .there wasn't a spot to park anything .....traffic was so bad they had a ranger out directing................
derf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oregon Inlet Marina

I went there today. We got in line around 7:45 am, in the water around 8:45. We sat in line on the hi-way, and then they routed us through the campgrounds across the street. Traffic flow went just fine (park rangers directing traffic). Wasn't too bad coming back in around noon.
Caught 1 blue and a striper. Hooked up with a few more, but didn't get them in the boat. Used stretches.
It was my first trip, since I moved here from Texas. The people I went with, have lived here all their lives, and they said they've never seen anything like it before!
There's pics on http://www.oregon-inlet.com

TTYL,
Rob

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kozlow said:
I guess the old saying is be in the right place at the right time .:p
Yeap,and that place ain't w-o-r-k..... :D
OBTW CDOG JUST GOT TWO PRETTY STRIPERS THIS MORNING!!
When I get my account straightened out I'll post them.. ;)
THIS JUST IN,friend of mine just called from OI caught a 40 lber off the beach about 30min ago!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just got home from OBX. The word out there was catching them in the surf from OI south to around mile post 32/33. From sunrise till about 3:00pm. Very slim pickings after that. Saw alot of birds as I drove down to Rodanthy pier. But the birds were not working just heading north. All that was caught from the pier was skates & sand sharks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts