Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day at Willowby using cut bait and throwing a Wild Eye. Made a friend, that saved my day, plus combing the beach I found a Rattletrap and a Mann's S25+. It's been said a day fishing beats a of labor.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I guess that guy THROWIN AWAY those lures tells the story:D ...the R

·
Registered
78 Posts
lol lead!

i had to go clean up isabelle damage at the inlaw's cottage on the james today (right across the river from newport news and just north of smithfield)--then rushed back to richmond to meet friends at awful arthurs for cocktails and oysters (lord, the perfume, lol)--but the point of all of this is that i was dying to go striper fishing--i dunno, thinking about taking that half day striper boat out of lynnhaven next saturday with my 11 year old son--honestly, does anyone think we'll catch much during the day, or is it all seabass action?

fish on, dudes and dudettes :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
daylight is OK if at the CBBT

We managed a decent mess of fish, all caught during the daylight hours(1-4pm)yesterday at the CBBT. If that is where your boat of choice is headed; there, or the SBC, you should find the fishing good. Fish On

·
Registered
53 Posts
My son and I tried at Willowby from about 3:30 until dark. Never used eels before, so we got some and gave them a try. No hits. Also tossed a rattle-trap and Top Dog ... but came up empty. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know the tide was probably wrong, but it was the only time I could get out today. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts