Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appartently Brandon is an up and coming (I believe six year old) fisherman who happens to be temporarily taken out of the game most of us love thanks to cancer. As parents and or siblings, we can consider ourselves lucky we don't need help.

Why not send a donation, memo your P&S board, and let's see who can raise the most $$$ (one dollar by all of us could even go a LONG way toward his recovery) for the little guy. Friendly competition, but with Thanksgiving coming (we all have something to be greatful for) and Christmas on the way (we can together send a nice P&S gift to someone who can use it), and though, maybe the Florida board raises the most, there really can't be a loser.

Check out Florida board, and benifit for Brandon thread. Me personally, I got two healthy daughters to be greatful for. Anyone else out there willing?

Thank you Shaggy; excellent point, and I'm sorry I overlooked that! If you are so inclined, please send donations to the address listed below.

the address for the fund(not tournament entries) is
kscfcu
300 south plumosa st
merrit island fl. 32952

make check payable to The Brandon Thornton Cancer fund,

KSCFCU Stands for Kennedy Space Center Federal Credit Union.

Anything and everything is appreciated more than you know. The family silently reads these posts, as well as the other threads, and is nothing short of awe-struck and overwhelmed at the responses. They had no idea the anglers of Central Florida were such great people. If there are any more questions, or anything I've overlooked, please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention. I will go update the other thread as well./QUOTE] :D

Luckily a healthy wife, two healthy daughters, me myself, healthy and by luck or devine intervention,

Have Jeep will travel. :D

GBAK, and best wishes Brandon and the Thorton family, my prayers are with you. :cool:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'll send $40 too,

With the holidays at our front door it dose ones heart good to help out someone in need. We have a 8 year old granddaughter (Kayla) and she is the light of our life. If something were to happen to her I don't know what we would do.

With our busy lives it's easy to forget about things like this until it walks up and smacks you in the face. I'm thankful for the loved ones and friends in this journey we call life and the things it has given me along the way. Every now and again it's time to give something back. This is one of those times.

My heart goes out to Brandon and his family at this time of year and I can only hope our dollars will help them in these hard times.

I've been on all these fishing boards for years, there are good ones and there are bad ones. This is a great one! Lets keep it that way.

We did it for LD, a lot of us were willing to help out Axon in his time of need. Another fishinkid needs our help. Dig in your pockets and send what you can folks, it's time to write another check. This one will help where it counts and do your heart good....Tightlines, Hat80

Check out the Fl. board for details

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Shaggy, posted a link on th Va board. Hopeing that we could feel th family aspect of P&S an help out. So far limited views an no responses. :( I gave cuz th story touched me, hopefully my brothers an sisters from Va will let it touch them as well. If not oh well, there is still th Md, NC boards.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Guys........ I just don't know what to say. As I sit and read all of this, I'm dumbstruck.. I joined your forum because I was sick, and not being able to be around the family, { contaigious } and not being able to drive at the time, the only thing I could do was hang out on the 'puter. Fishing, which is about the only thing I do when I'm not at work, was out of the question, because I couldnt get to the water. So, of course, I roamed every single fishing site I could possibly find. I've never really been a frequent visitor to any one forum, mainly because I, probably like everyone else, just wanted to know the winds, the tides and whos catchin what where and how. Ya know? I found ya'all, and when I joined, Anthony and FL were what caught my attention. :) The beginning of the " Smack Down", and the bantering and taunting by Hat { sounded like me, lol } were funny to me, and the fact that Kozlow was here, giving local information I could actually use, had me come back a few times. When the random drawing for the lures was started, and I saw the heart of ya'all, I knew that, if you would let me stay, I would never leave. I was a bit reluctant to post this about Brandon, because I'm fairly new here, and none of you know me. I knew I was over-stepping my bounds privelage wise, but I figured to myself that This was worth getting kicked off of here, and maybe before I did get exiled, one person may have seen it, and decided to come fish the tourney. One person. That would have been $25. I asked Kozlow if I coupld post it here, and not only did he give me the green flag, he put it on the calendar. I was so thrilled !
When I got home tonight, after stopping off @ Skeeter's after work this evening, and sitting with Libby to plan our weekend of going out and getting donations, I came and turned this thing on......... I just sat here. I read it, re-read it, and re-read it again. It finally dawned on me that I need to say thankyou. Trouble is, I can't find the words to say that express my heart right now. I wish you were all here right now, so I could shake your hands, and hug your necks. Shaggy, you did a wonderful, wonderful thing, posting this. The rest of you picked it up and ran with it. I never, in a million years, would have seen this happening. I can only say thankyou, and I want each of you to know that I am so proud to be a part of this forum. YA'ALL ROCK !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey, you are the one who picked up the ball to run, and ran well, you did, I just held it for you while you caught your breath.

Now, one thing I have found out about Pier and Surf, it stands for family, many united by one common intersest (fishing, but....), when that time comes, steps up to the plate, swings, and........... every now and then hits a homerun.

Up here (Maryland/Delaware board), somehow, we have become a family, and not just "fer" fishing. Me, I am an AI guy surf and beach, but, June, July and August can be long (heat, tourist YUK and bugs, worse than a 20 nor'easter with rain in November/December), and I stumbled here. Not many are where we want to be at this point in time, and sometimes you gotta look at the silver lining on that cloud (sometimes tougher than we know).

You got me, Shaggy, "hackin'" Hat80 (probably one of the Best people I met in my life), Fl, Anthony, a couple of Fleas (sand and cocoa), you got crabs, you got Spunky (that's you Liam) and Murph (who gets Spunky where he needs), you got the Cat, and a happypappy, Ralph, Rugger, Cdog, you got new (me fairly) and old, but you got family, and speaking for myself, and maybe others, most would put our lives on the line for a kid.

Since you indicate you are fairly new, (and I don't get to Florida (board) much, welcome to the "family".

Have Jeep will travel.:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
paypal

Does anyone know if there's a way to set paypal up to send funds to the fund?

If someone has a minute (or if I can find one) it may be worth looking into.

I bet you'd get lot's more donations if it could be done online.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you..... I've just decided that I want a shirt. A P&S shirt. I'm gonna wear it to the Captain's meeting Friday night, and all day Saturday......... PROUDLY. I don't have a digital camera, but I'm gonna shoot as many rolls of film as I can, and I'll have them put on a disc so I can show ya'all what you did. :) I need someone to point me in the shirt direction please........ Someone please go meet me at the checkout counter
Suz:)

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
jedi_angler, that's a great idea. Redsgurl, you should pass that idea along to the family. It might help them in their fundraising.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is a good idea. I have left this thread for Curtis { Costefishnt}. He's kinda my " Boss Man" on all of this, and he is the one that talks to the family and Brandon. If there is a way to make this work, he, rich, or libby will know it. They are the main ones in all of this. I just kinda hang out and do what they tell me.:D I know I speak for them when I tell you all thank you from every heart in Central Florida. Don't think for a moment the miles seperating us prevent you from being with us every step of the way through this. Welcome to Cocoa / Titusville. We are proud to have you as friends.
Libby, Rich, Curtis, Me and of course, the man of the hour, Brandon:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
ummmmmm holy shhhhhhhh i wont go there. i have made a post on the florida board, and the md/dw boards thanking you all, and telling a little of how this came to be, plus i had to do the asking for donation thing, but now that i have read all of yalls replies, i guess there was no need for my interfering. seems as though mr girl "redsgurl" already started things off.

i will say this again, there is not a family more deserving of this help. me as a father of 3 youngins myself find myself forgetting just how lucky i am. meeting this family kinda put me in check if you will. i too am one that has a big ol soft spot in my heart for kids, as they deserve no bad. i find myself so angry at the hearing of child abuse, or molestations. i find myself sad to tears at the mention of a childs death, or terminal illness. i think that this was my final straw, i had seen all the bad in the world that seems to fall upon children, and then i met this family. i couldnt stand it no more. i had to do something for the little guy. i am not rich, i can barely afford my wife and 3 kids, so what ever i could do would have to be meaningful. thats were the thought of, why not take the little guy fishing for the very fish, that my kids and i are so lucky to fish for. but then i realized i was being a bit selfish in trying to feel good for helping out a sick little boy. his father should be the one to go fishing with him. a simple question asked on a fishing forum on oct 27 turned into all of this. now i am really starting to feel good, but i am not the one responsable for it all, it is people like you, that stepped up, and offered, and gave. it is because all of you we are giving our most precious resource, a child, a reason to fight this atrocity to fish for a long time to come. it is because of you we are giving a family in a most unfortunate situation, and time piece of mind. piece of mind that they can provide a christmas to their 3 kids, piece of mind that the sting from all the unpaid hospital bills will be knocked down by the genorosity of fishermen, and women. the best part is, its miraculous, as they do not know any of you. it is like the money has been sent from heaven. it is because of you....i believe in angels.

thanks guys. please keep up the good work, and please spread the word.

Curtis

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
curtis check you pms

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
has anybody put this on tidalfish yet? I'm sure we could get a few more donations from there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I take it tidalfish is another forum {?}. Great idea bluerunner. Spread the word, my friend. I will go look for their site.. You guys are awesome ! Keep up the good thoughts, and prayers. Can't wait to talk to Curtis today !!!! :D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We got less than 1 week to help out "our (okay, my, adopted little, big man". Come on Florida (or at least the central portion), and the P&S community.

Brandon, this "suds" for you! May all entered, catch many, and to all my brothers and sisters here at P&S who sent donations, or well wishes, my personal thank you. Some know me some don't, but all I can say about me (or at least I hope), what you see is what you get. I am who I am, for better or worse (and I have to say, I love children, a bit more than surf-fishing).

God bless and keep all, and Brandon, be STRONG, "my little buddy", and to the Thortons, my prayers are with your entire family.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got $25 Paypal waiting for someone when I get a addy to send it too.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hello ponchojoe,

Send Money from Pay pal
Send Money allows you to pay anyone with an email address.

Common uses for Send Money:
Pay for an auction item
Split a restaurant bill or rent
Pay for an online purchase (or send money to your family or friends)
Pay bills online
Just enter the recipient's email address and the amount you wish to send. You can pay with a credit card or checking account.

The recipient gets an email that says "You've Got Cash!" Recipients can then collect their money by clicking a link in the email that takes them to https://www.paypal.com.

Your payment will appear in your recipient's PayPal account balance. He can choose to transfer the funds to a checking account, request a check, or send the funds to someone else.

Goto this link and click on Demo, it's easy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts